1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bath Toy Cleaning?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Lara818, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Lara818

Lara818 New IL'ite

My baby girl has this water toy that unfortunately has foam material. She is having happy extended bath time because of this. It is quite hard to put her to water when this is not on her tub (like when she carried it outside bathroom and played with it, then it gets lost in her room). When we went for a vacation to her grandma’s house for a week, the foam parts have molds on it. This site says bath toys can be put in a washing machine. Has anyone done it?

This toy is a gift from abroad and I cannot simply replace it if it gets ruined. If those molds do not rub off, is it still safe to use even if she puts it in her mouth?

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

try remedies on internet. may be vinegar wash ..also u need to dry it out (keep it in sun if in india) after every bath. Looks like foam blocks to me.
    My LO has similar foam letters ( meant as bath toy) but we have not yet taken to bath, I was planning but now I will not because to extra work.
    Earlier we had small rubber ducks/fish for bath ..they all developed mold slowly and there was no way to clean then from inside. I mostly used to take them out to dry. Now anyways she grew out of those and they are scattered in unknown corners.
    How old is your kid? bring her something else and she will forget it.