Bangalore ILites - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Bangalore' started by Induslady, Jan 28, 2006.

1. puppy

puppy New IL'ite

Re: Bangalore Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Dear sweta,
    thank you. I was happy to see ur message. I'm new to this, was struggling to post this message. logged in and out. still have not figured out how to post messages.

Bangalore is becoming a worst city - weatherwise. it's too hot. me born and brought up in bangalore cannot accept this change. Blr is becoming a concrete jungle. I stay in Kalyannagar HRBR layout. My office is in vittal mallya road. have to travel 10 kms. By the way one of my friend stays in Westgate Village, PA 19355. Is it close to your place. she has two little daughters. do you need anything from blr? she is coming down this week and will return in June.

with lots of warmth,
    chandana

2. swetakiran

swetakiran New IL'ite

hello chandana, sorry to hear about bangalore weather:icon_frown: in couple of weeks it should get cooled down as summer is almost over.my in laws were telling it had rained couple of days back now its ok. anyways , was thinking that IT industry is main culprit for traffic and sky rocketting of real estate, even heard some of the companies are shifting to mysore. thank you sooo much for asking if i needed something, my in-laws were here 3months back so dont need anything desperatly. thank you once again it really touched me. my native place is tumkur and was married to bangalore. was living in bangalore for 9 yrs with my in laws, all of a sudden kiran changed his job got project here and it has been 2yrs now here in USA. do u have any plans to visit US?if so let me know u can visit me. thats all for now. take care.:wave

3. puppy

puppy New IL'ite

Dear Sweta,

You are from Tumkur! wow great news! my mom is from Tumkur District. have u heard of Nonavinakere? It is my mother's native place. We used to go regularly for summer holidays. I'm so happy to know that you are from Tumkur.

Next year I have to take my sabbatical. i have still not decided where to go. one of my maternal cousin who is a doctor is in Delaware close to PA where my close friend stays. they both are inviting me to visit them. let's see what happens. what are u cooking for dinner? shall i come to have dinner.... you must be a good cook. i am into cooking now. my sisters and aunts cook well/ prepare nice dishes. do u like classical music - carnatic/ hindustani? i'm learning carnatic now (keertanas).

sorry, if i'm boring, if u leave me i'll keep on writing, there is no end to it.

with tons of love
    chandana

4. swetakiran

swetakiran New IL'ite

hi chandana, what a pleasant surprise to c u r mail, guess what? kirans grand fathers place is nonavinakere, we used to visit often , kirans uncle[ my father in laws brother lives there]. good luck for u r plans to visit USA, dont for get me when u visit. by the way iam not great cook, my cooking is ok. last week there was singing programme in temple we had sang kirtanas[ thyagaraja], i dont know classical, my friends knew they taught me. take care.

lots of love, swetakiran

5. puppy

puppy New IL'ite

Hi Sweta,

My mama and his family lives in Nonavinakere. We used to love that place like anything. our house was inside the "tengina thota", used to freak out with my cousins. now it is all bygone era. we don't go often to that place after my grandfather's death. it's really great that ur friends are teaching songs. My teacher comes only on sat & sun. sometimes she will not. anyway i'm also working, can't devote the time i wanted to music. somehow struggling. if my cousins who is in Delaware comes to know that you people from Nonavinakere, she will jump with joy. she also used to love that place like anything. we can never forget that place and games we played as children.

Feeling very feverish, may not come to office tomorrow.

with lots of love,
    chandana

6. ravisha

ravisha New IL'ite

Warm greetings to all the wonderful Indus Ladies and all the Bangalore ladies. I am absolutely new to this form but hey it feels great that there are thousands of women.

I have been in Bangalore for the past three years and just love this place. Weather wise it is the best India can offer and the people here are polite and friendly without being overbearing. A city with a soul!! Traffic is a nightmare but hey that can be discounted.

I have spent all my life in Delhi but am a south Indian. Happily married to the most wonderful man on the earth, i have a sweet angelic daughter.

Love to all

Ravisha

2 people like this.
  7. swetakiran

swetakiran New IL'ite

hello chandana, hope u get well soon ,take rest and a crocin -u will feel fine. whenever we visit nonavinakere we stay like 2-3 hrs and come back. i love country side so i was telling kiran why dont we build a small farm house in our field so we can spend some time here.take care. luv swetakiran

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2007
  8. anupamakalyan

anupamakalyan Senior IL'ite

:wave hi All
    I am anupama a S/w eng with infy in b'lore...I was born and brought up in b'lore n now settled here...I am a tamilian and belong to kerala....(Palakkad iyer). I luv to make new friends n hence i am here.....waitning to hear from all of u ther

luv
    anu

9. positive3

positive3 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I m uma from Bangalore.I m wrking in MNC. Igot married recently.I stayed witn my in-laws.

Thanks
    Uma

10. puppy

puppy New IL'ite

Dear Anu,

A warm welcome. u r an s/w eng. so life is hectic. busy busy all the time? am i right? i also stay in bangalore. i also love to make friends. write to me more about urself through PM.

with warm wishes,
    chandana