1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

banana and cold

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by hydee, Feb 2, 2012.

1. hydee

hydee Bronze IL'ite

Hi moms
    my son is 11 months old. He's a fussy eater and refuses to take fruits. If add banana in any of his porridge means that results in cold. Please suggest me wat type of banana to give. Will u add sugar in their juices.

Thanks in advance .

2. vishuni

vishuni Silver IL'ite

Hi Hydee..

Even I observed Banana increases cold in kids when it is given when they have cold,but it wont cause cold.

I dont add sugar in Juices.I give him Juice before 5 PM.I didnt give hom store bought, prefer preparing at home.

-vishuni

3. hydee

hydee Bronze IL'ite

Hi vishuni

Thank you for yr quick reply. Even i too dint give brt but he refuses to have the fruits. Could u please me tell me wat fruits u give also shar yr feeding schedule ...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  4. vishuni

vishuni Silver IL'ite

My kid is now 1year 2 months old

When he was 11 months,below is the feeding schedule

1.Immediately after getting up from sleep he used to be hungey this (5 AM- 6 AM) -Milk 200 ML

2.Between 8AM-9 AM Breakfast usually Brownrice/Raagi cooked wit h water n milk,little salt to this I add either mashed banana/chiku or steamed apple

3.11 AM any fruit(Orange/Chiku/Pomgonet/Apple/Guava)

4.12 PM-2 PM Lunch -Rice boiled along with Palak(any green leafy veg)+carrot+Beans+Tuar dal
    sometimes I give Rice with rasam and curds also

5. 5PM-6PM-2 biscuits and Milkshake with Pomogranite/Apple

6.8PM-9PM -Dineer mostly same as lunch,sometimes I add some less spicy vegitable with Plain rice

You can give him Egg white/omlete also.We Introduced Egg in 11th month onwards only.

Hope it gives you some Idea.

5. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hydee
    Generally ealachi banana is given to the child. But as you feel even I feel the same if you child has cold it's better to avoid it. I asked my ped but she says banana doesn't cause cold.
    The other banana called karpooravalli it's very sweet I think ur kid might like it . It's good for brain development it's available only in madras store here in Sharjah.

6. hydee

hydee Bronze IL'ite

Thank u both.

@ ramyasridhar
    Could u please tell me where is the madras store ?

Now am using nan 2 formula. The nan which we get here has foul smell but not in indian products. So he doesnt lyk it. Every bottle feeding is lyk a war. He s going to be 1 yr so i lyk to change the milk. Plz suggest me. Shall i giv cows milk or formula.

Thank you

7. RamyaSridhar1978

Hi hydee
    Well I guess you seem to stay in deira . I have no idea of a madras store there but there are two in Sharjah one is near clock tower Rolla and other near abushagsra park.
    Well nan is good dunno how your kid doesn't like it my kids have the same. : ne ways..

8. RamyaSridhar1978

Regarding milk I am still continuing formula since my ped told me if they don't eat well this will kind of provide them the necessary nutrients. Though I also in bw keep giving them chocolate milk to just get the taste of fresh milk I use rainbow .. But I guess pl here prefer almarai but I prefer rainbow. My kids are toddlers they eat well sometimes and sometimes they don't so I prefer it this way..
    Ce