1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Balika vadhu

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Balika Vadhu

Pratyusha the heroine who shot to fame with this serial has committed suicide by hanging. Her boyfriend and live in partner RR Singh is under questioning.

She was just 24. What a sad end. I did not see even one episode of this serial, as I don’t watch serials but my bhabhis , maid, neighbours all watch it, and this was their favourite one.

She was living in with her boyfriend. And it seems their parents did not mind the live in, so I guess they were pretty modern in their thoughts. I was not aware that in Mumbai, the landlords give flats on rent to unmarried couples.

She was out of work, so was he, and financial position was tight. Seems she had to pay an installment of 5000 per month for a car, which she defaulted and goons came to collect, which scared her. And her livein was also in touch with his past girlfriend who came home last month, which upset her.And she too had an ex, from whom she had split, and her current bf used to taunt her about that too.

So they say, all these factors, the financial, the taunts, and the reappearance of the ex girlfriend of the current boyfriend, made her take this extreme step.

I don’t agree to steps like suicide.i still maintain that stand, and the last time I was criticized for blaming Robin Williams for his suicide.

In this case of BV female, fame must have gone to her head, and now she cant get used to life without fame, as public memory is short. And with rents to pay for the flat, which must be 75000 at least, the clothes car installments, and lifestyle, and with no income coming, of her or her bf, and with the exgirlfriends coming in from nowhere, and getting used to the lavish lifestyle, but with no money to pay for, this is what she thought would bring an end to her misery.

But this is cowardly.We must learn to face life , which gives u the high and the low. I have been taught by my parents to fight it out in life, and not commit suicide. We have made big adjustments in life. I started out as an exporter, flying abroad, and in india, then that went for a toss, then it was back to trains, and coolers, and a modest car.

Inviations to marriages stopped coming, and when friends called to ask if I am coming with them for a wedding, I had to tell them that I have not been invited. Yes it hurt, the downgrading of lifestyle, and low esteem in the eyes of people, but I always believed, that what I think of myself matters more than what others think of me.And to tell u the truth, I love myself one hell of a lot. So to hell with the world.

And then after a decade the cycle turned, and once again I was successful, and was again invited to weddings, to which I convientently avoided, for I knew the invitees were respecting my status and money, rather than me.

Pratyusha, was still living in that dream world, and was disappointed with life. What she should have done, is thrown out her bf, made more contacts in the film line, accept secondary roles, while waiting for the big ones, and cut down on her expenses, and expectations.Second innings are always there, remember Amitabh Bachan, and later Arshad Warsi from hero to sidekick in munnabhai, and being more popular than before. These are examples to emulate, of people who have risen from the ashes, to rule once again.

There is more to life , its just that we need to be patients at times. Even a Ferrari has to have patience at the red signal, knowing it will soon turn green, when it can race ahead . But till then it has to be still, and have autorickshaws, cyclists, and ordinary vehicles as company.

A fine life wasted, which was avoidable.

KAMAL MAHTANI

A man visits a mental hospital. He sees a patient with torn clothes & unkempt hair shouting "sandhya !! Sandhya !!"

he asks the assistant about the reason for his behavior. Asst says the patient used to love a girl called sandhya but couldn't marry her. So he became mad.

The man visits the next ward. There also he sees another patient with torn clothes & unkempt hair shouting

"sandhya !! Sandhya!!"

The man looks at the assistant.
    The assistant says "This one married sandhya "

No father has ever explained the importance of Studies in such a awesome way to his son

"With every wrong answer that you write in your exam paper

your future honeymoon shifts from Switzerland to Thailand to Goa to Ooty to Pulian Thopu to Hotel Sangeetha or Relative's House".....

This year is the year of ....

Aaliya....
    Maaliya....
    &
    Kaaliya....(West Indies)

It was just like exam:

We prepared for Gayle..

And

Simmons came out of syllabus

Apne color tv bech do OLX pe.... Final match waise bhi black & white hoga....

England& west indies

Joe once lived on a quiet rural highway but as time went by, the traffic slowly built up and eventually got so heavy and so fast that his free range chickens were being run over, at a rate of three to six a week.

So Farmer Joe called the local police station to complain, "You've got to do something about all these people driving so fast and killing all my chickens," he said to the local police officer. "What do you want me to do?" asked the policeman.

"I don't care, just do something about those crazy drivers!" So the next day the policeman had the Council erect a sign that said:

'SCHOOL CROSSING'. Three days later Farmer Joe called the policeman and said, "You've still got to do something about these drivers. The ‘school crossing' sign seems to make them go even faster!"

So again, they put up a new sign:

'SLOW: CHILDREN AT PLAY'. That really sped them up. So Farmer Joe called and said, "Your signs are no good. Can I put up my own sign?"

In order to get Farmer Joe off his back said "Sure. Put up your own sign."

The phone calls to the Police Station stopped, but curiosity got the better of the Officer, so he called Farmer Joe, “How’s the problem with the speeding drivers. did you put up your sign?"

"Oh, I sure did and not one chicken has been killed."

The policeman was really curious and thought he'd better go out and take a look at the sign. He also thought the sign might be something the Police could use elsewhere, to slow drivers down . . . So he drove out to Farmer Joe's house.

His jaw dropped the moment he saw the sign.

'NUDIST COLONY'

'Slow down and watch for chicks!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Really sad Kamalji. The girl had immense potential and had already achieved so much! I might not agree about only cowards committing suicide because it must need immense courage to kill oneself - it's not easy; it goes against basic instinct. However, I totally agree with you that it was a waste of a life with so much going for her even if she was undergoing a temporary slump. The situation certainly did not warrant such an extreme step.

iman likes this.
  3. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Sir,

I have no idea about this person. Though we are yet to find out the reasons for her action, there is the possibility of a major depression which she could be have had, given her social circumstances and her age. The failure of such people seeking appropriate intervention and treatment is the result of such suicides. I would not put any word for her decision, but these are quite preventable when they seek the help required.

I would just say an unfortunate soul which has not had any help at the required time.

These people and many others in our country are in need of help and they have to seek the help of the professionals. That is the only way to avoid such incidences.

Regards,
    Vaidehi

jskls, suryakala and satchitananda like this.
  4. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

I too read on news Kamaji..Recently in tamilnadu a tv actor ended his life..it is really pitiful.. As u said they get into fame,money addiction and couldn't tolerate when it vanishes suddenly..As usual enjoyed your jokes.. While so many people are struggling with disease and expecting their death anytime,these people are wasting their god given precious life so easily without any use to others.

5. Mery

Mery Silver IL'ite

Rip pratyusha.... Was one of my fav serial actresses..

6. HYDGIRL1234

HYDGIRL1234 Silver IL'ite

So sad .beautiful and cute girl.may her soul rest in peace

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    Really a very sad thing. Nowadays the youngsters take this extreme step due to love failure, exam failure and depression. Even teen agers are taking this extreme step for silly reasons.
    PS

8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    I also believe that suicide is not solution to any problem.
    Young age, not mature enough, parents pressure to earn more, become more famous, broken affairs, all these made her take the extreme step. Live in with BF? Her parents did not put their foot down against it? What is the point of weeping now? I feel sad for her.
    Jokes...I like the cricket one and year of Mallya one and cricket...yes we were waiting for Gayle and Simmons finished the job!
    Syamala

9. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Kamalji,

This is the price for aping the western society, without the Total welfare for citizen approach by western society.

Minimum health care, food, clothing and shelter are guaranteed for every citizen irrespective of marital status if one is not having sufficient income or employment as an adult. For every child, if the parents cannot provide, the minimum living standards and education are guaranteed by the western society. This is basic social security.

The basic social security was guaranteed by the joint family system in our culture, which we have lost now.
    Where a self respecting individual will go when the income suddenly stops and there is no saving to fall back?

We in India are in a sorry state of affairs. We tend to adapt the social life of the western society without their social security. Thousands of farmers, and other Indians including poor Prathyusha , have committed, are commititng and will commit suicide, just not knowing how to live further with self respect!

Who will change? And when?......

10. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

I do not think suicide is a solution to anything, but obviously people who commit it are of different opinion.
    It is an act of acute depression, and we see younger and younger people doing it. We seriously need counselling sessions in schools, colleges, and for parents about how to recognize and deal with it. There are prescription medicines available to stabilize it. Also children have to be taught like @Kamalji how to deal with failures in life along with budgeting and proper fiscal management.
    I just do not understand why the boyfriends are blamed for the breakup and suicide of these starlets. If anyone it is her parents who should be blamed as they were aware of her depression and still did not do anything to help.