1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Back To Basics! No Soap No Shampoo! Practical?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by IniyaaSri, Mar 12, 2018.

Will you stop using body soaps & shampoos and go for natural alternatives?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

14.3%
  3. May be. I dont know.

7.1%
  4. Yes only if it not time consuming

26.2%
  5. Is that really possible?

2.4%
  1. Ushasantosh

Ushasantosh Silver IL'ite

Thank u Veena for ur tips. .:blush:

2. mira

mira New IL'ite

Kveena,
    bath powder 2, I had used this long time ago when an ayruvedic vaidhyar had advised to stop using soap and shampoo until I reached certain age. This powder kept my skin glowing, soft and no pimples and I used plain green gram powder for hair wash no dandruff issues, had thick and long hair. Once the restriction was taken started using shampoo started losing my hair. Now after 20 years I rarely use shampoo, if i do use I use ayruvedic shampoo. So thank you for your reminder of this bath powders. Let me see if I can get back to this.

nakshatra1 and virtualkv2020 like this.
  3. mira

mira New IL'ite

4. mira

mira New IL'ite

I accidentally saw this thread, it attracted me long time ago I was using all natural products such as gram flour, green gram powder because of restriction from using shampoo and soap. Had beautiful long thick hair, soft and glowing skin , no pimples. Once the restrictions ended started shampoo and soap the results are loss of thick hair, pimples. recently stopped shampoo if needed will use herbal shampoo. no soap or cream to face, just plain water and scrub, no trouble with pimples, skin soft.

IniyaaSri likes this.
  5. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Nice to know that you are using natural products.Plz share your shampoo and other recipes for natural products,if any. It can be useful to other readers.

6. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

I cannot wait to try natural body scrubs if I see something new like ubtan varieties. After few months if I see some hand made soaps or creamy soaps I will be tempted to change(too bad). It just wanders like that. No consistent mind.

IniyaaSri likes this.
  7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@kveena thank you for the recipe. Can you please clarify if we can use it safely in a bathtub without it getting clogged?

8. virtualkv2020

Yes it could be tempting to try other products especially when they come in beautiful packs.When you do just go through the list of ingredients and the list of chemicals will put you off!

Stick to one natural body scrub and a natural face pack consistently for few months and you will notice a visible improvement in your skin texture and that will keep you hooked to the scrub, the same goes for hair products. :)

nakshatra1 and Sweety82 like this.
  9. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I have a recent health scare where the crown of my head was getting oily. Its so much so that it used to feel like someone just dropped 3 tbsp oil in a 3 inch radius. No good shampoo helped. After a lot of research, I found out that if the pores of the liver are clogged, this could be a symptom. What i did (again, after a lot of research) was:

1:1 Apple cider vinegar and Water. Make a mix of it (add a few drops of rosemary essential oil, this is optional). Spray on the affected part generously. Let it sit for about 10 mins.

For shampoo:
    1 cup castile soap with 1 Cup coconut milk (I used store bought can). A few drops of essential oils (I used tea tree and rosemary, optional). It lathers so well. My hair is back to normal in 4 washes. Its soft, sleek and beautiful

Mira86, IniyaaSri and virtualkv2020 like this.
  10. virtualkv2020

Yes you can use it safely provided you rinse the tub with running water soon after bath, it just takes a couple of minutes. You can get the ingredients finely powdered (like dust) at a mill or buy finely powdered ingredients and mix. I like the besan,turmeric n curds body scrub which needs no grinding.I noticed that when one loses a lot of hair, it gets tangled leading to clogs, remove any hair particles soon after head bath and always be gentle while washing your scalp.

IniyaaSri likes this.