1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Back To Basics! No Soap No Shampoo! Practical?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by IniyaaSri, Mar 12, 2018.

Will you stop using body soaps & shampoos and go for natural alternatives?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

14.3%
  3. May be. I dont know.

7.1%
  4. Yes only if it not time consuming

26.2%
  5. Is that really possible?

2.4%
  1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

@kveena I recently bought Hesh brand Shikakai, Amla, Reetha and Brahmi powders. But wondering how to use? Should I soak all these overnight and then apply? What is the easiest way to apply it?

2. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

I would mix 100 grams each of amla,reeta,shikakai, fenugreek seed powder and store in a glass jar. You can also add Brahmi (bacopa monnieri) to this. A night before head bath take around 3 spoons or so depending on your hair length and mix with hot boiling water into a paste. Next day morning grind this into a very smooth paste and use as shampoo. Refrigerate any leftover for use within a week.Since you have an oily scalp, you can alter the measurements by mixing more of reeta-shikakai and less of amla-fenugreek.For example,mix 100 grams reeta,100 grams shikakai,25 grams amla,25 grams fenugreek seed powder and little brahmi (optional) and store in a glass jar.

Alternatively I would only use the 4 basic ingredients (amla,reeta,shikakai,fenugreek) for shampoo while I would make a good use of brahmi by making mineral oil free Brahmi Amla hair oil at home.This oil is not only works as a memory booster, it cools the mind, reduces split ends and promotes dark hair growth.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Thyagarajan, shravs3 and IniyaaSri like this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much @kveena. I know you are an expert at home remedies :grinning: