Baby Shower ?

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by EagerForInfo, Dec 20, 2018.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

my sister is pregnant. My mom is not coming to the US and neither is her mother in law. They want to have the baby with no help. But my question is ... I suggested we should do a baby shower for her. she feels that we need elders to be present in order to do a baby shower for her. Is that true ? Can we not do a baby shower that is the formal one where the pregnant lady is gifted bangles fruits haldi and kumkum etc etc. without elders there please clarify. She is South Indian from Andhra Pradesh.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

“They want to have the baby with no help”

“Elders should be present for baby shower she feels”

Both are contradictory..just felt that way.

Well due to Unavoidable circumstances if the elders can’t make it..it’s ok
    With the formal one but nothing is more
    Beautiful than your loved ones and in-laws being their and blessing her on the wonderful day. I believe one needs elders blessings but again if they can’t come,always Skype is there:)

It’s ok the have the formal one.

sbonigala and shravs3 like this.
  3. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

They don’t want any arguments during delivery. But at the same time they are not sure if religiously they can perform baby shower without elders. U get the point ?

4. anubharath

anubharath New IL'ite

Hi, im a newbie here. Im pregnant 18 weeks. This is my first baby. My mil in india wanna do ' anji sooru' (thy will cook five types of food i guess!) is it similiar to valaikappu or seemantham? Bcs my parents will be doing it here in my 7th month. I just wanna knw, whtr valaikappu can be done twice for the same baby?