1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby pooping problem :(

Discussion in 'Infants' started by jasmine25, Apr 6, 2015.

1. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Thanks vanitha.. My mil tried out that method twice.. I asked her not to do that again n again..(was worried like u about infection)

1 person likes this.
  2. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much Radha for your detailed explanation.. Will try that out.. Seems like this should work out for my baby too...

3. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Thanks catgol... Yes he is BF only till date from his birth :) So you say not to worry? Good then...

4. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Thanks hrastro for your reply.. Yeah we are in hot place.. Will try giving him warm water :)

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@jasmine25

you should try doing the exercise that @radhaparth2000 has mentioned everytime before a bath, we do give that plain oil massage for the baby before bath without soaking too much. not only it relaxes the muscles, it also helps in bowel movement. in a little older kids we try to make them squat a few times after drinking a glass of warm water..

and i remember grannies used to use the tender stalk of curry leaves, neem leaves as suppositories.. i was thinking about that when i read the soap as suppository.

See if your keeping aways from malt drinks and milk helps. sometimes it is said the dairy that the mom uses during bf can also trigger constipation.

and up your fibre.and if you have made changes to your diet to get back to correct weight, maybe you should re analyse the diet. drink lots of water, eat food that has fibre..

and if you can get dried raisins of good quality, either the regular brown or the iranian black. soak them in hot water overnight and crush and give the strained juice in the morning. this helps in keeping cold at bay and also prevents constipation. fool proof method..

1 person likes this.
  6. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

I think Orange juice can help. I used to feed my DD juice almost everyday.
    I wanted to try other juices but she used to like only orange, grapefruit and lemon juice.
    All citrus juices only.

Also soaked dried grapes in water can really help her. Also good to give grape water every other day if you have had something which may cause acidity. Like potatoes, green peas, oily food etc. Good to avoid these foods and check on the babies reaction.

1 person likes this.
  7. abinayamadhavan

abinayamadhavan Silver IL'ite

sctrach vasambu, paalkayam and give the paste with breast milk. google for oramarunnu. if you get all these its good.

1 person likes this.
  8. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

simple medicine is water more intake of water will solve this problem. I am not sure you started feeding him sold foods if yes you can give 1/2 banana ( malai valaipalam only) daily at night a good laxative. As soon as you are giving Mother feeding no need to worry.

1 person likes this.
  9. mcutiepie

mcutiepie Gold IL'ite

U can use suppositors... we need to freeze them and insert them in anal area of baby... Also, elders in my family suggest to insert cotton full of cocunut oil and then pull cotton outside... it also worked for us as oil worked as laxative

second... u can warm hing in few drops of water and apply this on and around naval of baby... this at times worked with me... as this helps in removing gas...

1 person likes this.
  10. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

Please don't give suppositories he s jus a 4 month old .. If he is exclusively breast fed there is no need of even water . I exclusively breast fed my son for 6 months and I did not even water . Breast fed babies sometimes dont poop even for a week and there is nothing to worry about it

1 person likes this.