1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

baby not taking milk,and reducing weight

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by sree, Aug 7, 2006.

1. sree

sree New IL'ite

Hello friends,
    This is me sree again in desperate need of all your advices. Thanks again for all the replies on my previous post. Now my new problem is my daughter is not drinking any milk,she is now 11 weeks old and she won't latch on my breast,she wont take bottle (i pump my milk and put it in bottle),she pushes the bottle with her tongue and cries. And now during her recent visit to the doctor she has lost weight. Doctor suggested giving formula instead of brest milk, I tried that too but she is refusing the bottle it self. And i tried gving milk using"sangu" and spoon also nothing is working. Pleeeeeeaaaaaaase help me in this with all your valuable thoughts.

2. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

about milk

Hi Sree,

this may sound superstitious but still I used to do it wd my kid.
    heat knife on stove n dip it in the milk glass again heat n dip . do this three times. give one spoon milk from it to d baby.after this she may start drinking milk(may b it will not work but atleast u can give it a try . It worked for me)

if u r using bottle to feed baby. always cover d bottle before outsiders when feeding.

all the best.

3. sree

sree New IL'ite

Thank you very much sonia for the quick response

Dear sonia,
    Thank you very much for your quick response. All suggestions are valuable for me. I'll defenitly try your suggestion.Once again thank you very much.

4. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Hi Sree,

Have u tried changing the bottle? I have heard babies go through lot of bottles before liking one.. I am not sure but u can give it a try. make sure the nipple size is correct. It should be slow feed for infants..

I have Dr.Brown bottle for my son, he never had any problem with that.. Give it a try.

:)

5. Nila

Nila New IL'ite

Refer to this message about nursing strike

Hello Sree,

Hope you got to read this message about nursing strike by babies about 3 months of age. Some tips there might help...check out - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6403&postcount=13.

Do not worry, babies behave differently and try various options. Things will work out. Try not to mix breast feeding and bottle feeding too much - it might cause nipple confusion and so the baby might refuse to take feed. I would suggest you reserve bottle (pumped milk) may be for night time feeding and when others want to feed while you have to go out.

Good luck with your baby!

Nila

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2006
  6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sree,
    please check the baby well. I have heard some cases where the baby had cleft palate and was not able to drink water. We will not be able to see the baby's mouth, but a doc. could know.
    Sometimes even the ebst doc. skips such small things, So first check the inside of the mouth of the baby (ullnakku).
    I don't mean to frighten you, but from my experience I am saying this. Hope the baby drinks milk soon.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

7. sree

sree New IL'ite

Thank you selvi,nila and varloo

Thank you so much my dear friends. When we are in tension our mind doesnot work properly and we miss out so many possibilities. You guys have given so many ideas which I missed because I'm in a panic mood.
    I'll try dr.Brown's bottle . I hope this is a short nursing strike and will end soon. I've an appoinment this saturday so I'll ask the doctor to check for the cleft palate too.
    Sonia I did the Knife thing u suggested.

Thank you very much once again. May god bless you all.

8. Roshni

Roshni Local Champion Staff Member Senior IL'ite

Is your baby teething?

Sree,

Just check whether your baby girl has started sprouting her first tooth. Though teething generally begins during 4 to 7 months, some early developers would start getting their first tooth to sprout during the end of the 3rd month. Generally babies tend to refuse nursing (by breast or bottle) during teething time.

Keep trying to feed in frequent intervals. Take care.

Regards,

Roshni

9. Megalasuresh007

Megalasuresh007 New IL'ite

11 months baby not weaning to whole milk

hi everyone kindly help me to solve this prob:help...i have a 11 months old son

wakes up with BM
    after an hour i give him sathu mavu
    afternoon veggi mix
    early eve 1 apple
    eve orange juice
    night rice and dall cooked with milk and ghee
    BM before bed

i tried substituting BM with WM but he is refusing
    i tried with feeding bottle, colorful glass, straw bottle nuthing worked out he just refuses....if i force him he vomits completely....i am tired with this weaning process...:confused2::rotfl:drowning