1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby not able to fall asleep

Discussion in 'Infants' started by arhtivap, Jan 4, 2012.

1. arhtivap

arhtivap Junior IL'ite

My five month old fusses a lot to sleep at night.I have used almost all methods to make her fall asleep , rock her in my arms , use different positions , put her in thooli , nurse her...nothing seems to help. She cries a lot and nothing seems to stop her from crying.In the mornings , she is quite active and it is easier to make her sleep. She stays up till 12 or 1 in the night.She wants to sleep but she is not able to.Please give me some suggestions.

2. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    I experienced the same with my son 8 months ago .... Methods worked perfectly for me hope this also works for you :

1. feed my baby with mothers milk throughout day and play actively thru day
    2. Feed only bottle milk and give him banana custard as solid food at night
    3. wrap him and sing lullaby or put baby opera music at night time

really this worked for my baby

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Check for distractions like TV on/loud, too much light, outside noises. You can try some white noise like soft music or even run a hairdryer. Sometimes in desperation you can put the baby in a car seat and drive around some so that the baby will fall asleep. Be sure to limit stimulation to the baby.

4. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Is she awake till midnight? Or is she sleeping and waking up after some time?

Did you talk to your baby's pediatrician about this ?
    Is she crying all the time no matter what you do? Is the cries start approximately same time every day ? If so your baby might be colic. It's very normal to have colic for perfectly healthy babies. You can get lot of information on Internet on how to sooth a colicky baby..

5. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

6. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

It will be colic.my was doing same thing from morning 9 to 4 for a week though she felt so sleepy she wont.then we checked doc she asked us to give colic drops.just gave once and it settled.but you have to check with doc.even i have tried car trip usually that works but when she was colic nothing works.