1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby moving hands in shivering manner like music director

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sravani69, May 28, 2015.

1. sravani69

sravani69 New IL'ite

My baby is 5 weeks old but continues to move his hands in a strange manner. Is this a cause to worry? Because I read on the internet somewhere that too much hand movement is indication for autism. I cant describe the movement.. but I will try.. its just like he is break dancing... or bowling (in cricket).. or like how orchestra music directors will move their hands.. somewhat in that motion.
    Is this normal ? Or should I rush to the doctor ?

2. hope2b

hope2b Silver IL'ite

5 weeks is too young to diagnose anything. Please dont worry. Its normal. He is just realizing he has arms and exploring.

3. LuvLadoo35

LuvLadoo35 Gold IL'ite

Does it look like the baby is shivering...My LO use to often shiver up until 5-6 months. My pediatrician had mentioned that its there muscles that are developing and shivering is a outcome of that. If you are still worried it doesn't hurt to call your doctor.

4. sravani69

sravani69 New IL'ite

Yes yes, there is shivering is happening. Many times the lower jaw will also shiver.
    Calling dr is very expensive here :(

5. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@sravani69 Does your baby suddenly jump or shiver? It is quite common. These are newborn reflexes. Placing a towel or wash cloth over baby's chest does help in reducing it.

In US calling the doctor office is not expensive. You can always check with the pediatrician's office (the one covered under your insurance) for simple details by calling them. You are not charged until you actually visit them.

6. sravani69

sravani69 New IL'ite

Ohh, I dint know that. Thank you very much. His shivering is going down day by day. So thanks to God he is ok i think