1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby bath

Discussion in 'Infants' started by vatsi, Dec 15, 2005.

1. sankasailaja

sankasailaja Bronze IL'ite

hi friends

my baby boy is one month old,my 1st baby is so fair,so i didnt try anything special for her body.regarding second one he's not that much fair,can anybody help regarding his complexion,how to increase
    i heard about almonds paste massage,does anybody know the recipe of it?
    he also got acne on his face n rashes in diaper area,please friends suggest me tips regarding my problem
    And one more thing can any body suggest with what oil/cream do you massage for getting fair, please suggest any tips for me

thanks in advance
    bye

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
  2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sailaja....
    Some babies are born bit dark some fair Whay should matter is that they are healthy Why do you worry about babies complexion...

Regarding Diaper rash please consult doctor (even for bumps(acne) on his face) apply good diaper rash cream... These are the major issue you need to get solved on priority...

3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@sankas honestly, I think you would love your boy unconditionally irrespective of whether he was dark or fair. It is too early to start wondering about complexion. Complexion comes from genetics. The color of the ear gives you an idea of the color of your boy.

The acne could be because of allergies. Please check with paed.

Diaper rash: I use desitin, which is available in Indian pharmacies too. But do check with paed before buying it.

I think you will find this thread useful: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/infants/164334-homemade-improve-complexion-ur-baby.html

4. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Sankas, your baby's skin color is genetically pre-determined at the time of conception, and no paste/cream in the world is going to change that. Please accept this fact, and make sure your kid grows up with the understanding that dark does not equal bad or inferior.

Coming to your baby's acne and diaper rashes, they are all indications that your baby has sensitive skin. So please dont aggravate it by applying 'home-made remedies for fairer skin' on your baby's delicate skin.

As ramya has suggested, desitin is very good for nappy rash. Its a Johnson&Johnson product. The mothercare brand nappy rash cream is also good. I've used both.

1 person likes this.