Baba Ramdev Divya Yog, Haridwar

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by anoushkapandit, Jun 5, 2009.

1. anoushkapandit

anoushkapandit New IL'ite

Hi everybody, a thought crossed my mind as I browsed across the forum. Since this is an exclusive ladies forum with representations from around the world, I take this opportunity to ask you all if you have really been motivated to do Yoga and Pranayam since Baba Ramdev rejuvenated and made popular this ancient science of India - YOGA all over the world.

Have you or anyone you know benefitted from yoga and Pranayam. How regularly do you do yoga. Do we really need to thank Baba Ramdev and his service through the Divya Yog Mandir and Patanjali Yog Peeth for bringing a renaissance in the thinking of modern India towards GOOD HEALTH & LIVING.

Share your thoughts.

2. ashwiniyadav01

ashwiniyadav01 New IL'ite

Thanks anoushkapandit for start this thread. It is no doubt, Yoga is the mantra to healthy life and healthy mind too. In this world of utter stress and competition to excel and keep up pace with rest - in whatever field you might be pursuing; Pranayam and meditation does make a lot of difference.

It is also true that Baba Ramdev has pioneered the revolution through Yoga in a comtemporary style to reach out to people young and old, urban and rural and even celebs.

How many of our ILites actually practice Yoga or is inspired/ cured after following Baba Ramdev. We'd like to hear from you.

3. JoyshreeGupta

JoyshreeGupta Senior IL'ite

Yes, I have benefited from the instructions of Baba Ramdev.
    A camp was organized and I lost 5 kg by following pranayam, some asanas & taking healthy food.
    It is important to follow the diet restrictions. One has to take vegetarian food including fruits. Avoid bananas and starchy vegetables like potatoes.

I am giving a brief idea about the diet to be followed. After morning yoga and pranayam, you can take sprouted moong, glass of lauki juice and a glass of low fat milk. For lunch you should take Daliya, boiled vegetables. For your evening snack you can take a fruit and for dinner you can take a glass full of milk, fruits or boiled vegetables.

I think Baba Ramdev has done a lot of service by reintroducing and popularizing yoga among the present generation. Lifestyle modification and correct diet and simple yogic exercise have brought relief to many.

1 person likes this.
  4. Aparna77

Aparna77 Senior IL'ite

Baba Ram Dev has swayed millions - be it cabinet ministers or ordinary women folk. He is simply a one man revolution in the field of healthy living. Baba Ram Dev has not only unlocked the secrets of yoga for the common man, but pointed out how healthy practices can ensure disease-free life. I particularly like his message to stop using cold drinks and english medicenes. I too have lost a couple of kilos by following his yoga.
    :cheers

5. sejalmodi

sejalmodi New IL'ite

Thanks Joyshree and Aparna for the information. But, I have heard Baba Ramdev's pranayam has been able to cure many chronic diseases as well apart from what you have mentioned about weight loss through Yoga. Can you throw some light on this? My FIL is suffering from very high diabetis, can Pranayam be helpful for him?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. JoyshreeGupta

JoyshreeGupta Senior IL'ite

Hi Sejal
    I am sorry to know that your Father in law is suffering from high diabetes. I have heard that Pranayam is beneficial for diabetes too. You need to follow diet restrictions as well. Sugar levels will gradually come down.

You should get in touch with Patanjali Yog Peeth at Haridwar. There are many shops/outlets in all towns of India selling Divya Yog medicenes. They also have a qualified doctors. Do enquire and there may be a shop near your residence as well. You can get in touch with them for advice and medicenes. As per their advice, you can gradually taper off the medicenes you are presently taking, once the sugar levels come down.

I wish your father in law a quick recovery.

7. sejalmodi

sejalmodi New IL'ite

Thank you Joyshree for the information and your good wishes. I'll try to find out if there is any Divya Yog medicine outlet in Ahmedabad.

By the way, which Pranayam is meant for curbing high diabetes?
    And how do we know when Baba Ramdev will have his Yog Shibir in our city?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

8. ashwiniyadav01

ashwiniyadav01 New IL'ite

Well Sejal, for Baba Ramdev's Yog Shibir, I usually refer to Aastha channel. Information is provided there of where the next shibir will be along with the respective contact information. As far as I know, Kapal Bhati Pranayam helps in curing diabetes along with proper dietary restrictions and daily walk.

Anyone here who has benefited from Kapal Bhati Pranayam?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  9. SanjanaBatra87

SanjanaBatra87 New IL'ite

All I can say is that Kapal Bhati Pranayam works like sheer magic. I know its helps curb diabetes and have seen my Aunt loose oodles of weight by practicing Kapal Bhati regularly along with maintaining a proper healthy diet. And she has also inspired me to keep fit with Baba Ramdevji's Yoga. Even I practice Kapal bhati and Anulom-bilom; and is working well to tone the body, which even gyming can't do. :thumbsup

Do you believe that Yoga keeps you fit not only in health but also makes you mentally strong and confident?

10. sumitadev

sumitadev New IL'ite

I strongly believe that Yoga not only keeps you physically fit but also helps in rejuvenating you mentally. I have a question regarding Ramdevji's prescription for lauki/doodhi ka juice.

• How to prepare this juice and how to administer it?
    • Has anyone benefited from it?
    I'll be thankful if someone practicing this treatment can throw some light on this.

Thank you.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009