1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ayurvedic Hair Care

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by virtualkv2020, Feb 17, 2018.

1. sunita1211

sunita1211 Silver IL'ite

Thank You so Much to let me check on my hair color on the list of other chemicals that are harmful for hair....
    Below I have added a picture of Ingredients list from Google of my no ammonia hair color. I am relaxed it does not have any other harmful chemicals that damage hair.

I [​IMG]

virtualkv2020 likes this.
  2. Barbie2013

Barbie2013 Silver IL'ite

Hibiscus hair oil is doing wonders

3. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Based on the above image SLS (sodium laurl sulphate) is mostly found in commercially made shampoos.Also,paraphenylenediamine (PPD) and resorcinol found in small amounts :(. If it suits you then it should be fine I guess, my parents have been using this brand and had no issues so far.

However it is always recommended to do a patch test before you use anything new to make sure for you are not allergic.If you want to go 100% organic (chemical free) you could try one of the following remedies
    • Soak some organic henna powder in warm tea-coffee decoction overnight in an iron container.Mix in some curds and egg just before applying as a hair dye.Leave for 3-4 hours and wash with water, oil your scalp and hair.Take head bath the next day.Repeat twice a month or as needed.
    • Use whole black walnut hulls or in powdered form,the organic powder is available in stores or online.check this out natural hair dye with black walnuts!
    • If you can find ash made out of garlic peel from any ayurvedic store you can make your own ayurvedic hair dye.Add extra virgin olive oil to this ash,mix well to make a hair dye paste.Store for 7 days in a glass jar at room temperature away from sunlight.Apply as a hair dye, leave overnight and take head bath.For best results,leave for 2-3 days and wash.
    I am more inclined towards organic products,but that's just me :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Sandycandy likes this.
  4. virtualkv2020

Yes it does work! I am totally in love with it,have personally used and reaped benefits.It does so many wonders to the hair.I have a single petal red hibiscus tree in my backyard and I love to use the leaves as a hair mask/shampoo.Its a natural hair conditioner and a detangler, helps maintain dark hair,eliminates and prevents dandruff and other scalp infections,reduces hair fall.

The flowers when used as a hair oil promotes healthy and dense hair growth. Have you made the hair oil yourself or did you purchase it from any authentic ayurveda stores? Glad to know that you are using it and reaping benefits! :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Sandycandy likes this.
  5. Barbie2013

Barbie2013 Silver IL'ite

I did not prepare it. Bought it in ayurvedic store and really loved it

6. KritiAgrawal

KritiAgrawal New IL'ite

My friend introduced me to this handmade hair oil (Sattva Hair Vitality Elixir), made by a lady in Jaipur. It contains dried hibiscus and some 40 other herbal stuff. I love it. It is completely natural and is minimizing the bangalore hard water damage. I have much stronger hair after that

7. virtualkv2020

Wow..glad to know that you are using a herbal hair oil and reaping benefits.You could try installing a shower filter to purify the hard water, soft water is good for your skin too.Enjoy your beautiful hair!

8. Sampu123

Sampu123 New IL'ite

uhhh.. why do you need to lie that a friend introduced you to this hair oil and its made by a "lady" in Jaipur. Just say that it's your mom. Nothing wrong in that :expressionless:

shravs3 likes this.
  9. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

How are you so sure :hollering: . Did you check their website :roflmao:

10. NishantL

NishantL New IL'ite

To add to the list, is hair oil, Lalam Oil Plus. Lalam Oil Plus is an Ayurvedic hair oil which is a wonderful combination of 21 100% natural ingredients. The key ingredients include Tulsi, Bhringraj, Brahmi, Haldi, Amla, Neem, Manjistha, and many more. This hair oil is a vital part of Ayurvedic hair care. The ingredients of Bhringraj, which is the king of hairfall remedies is a key ingredient in Oil Plus. Also, ingredients like Manjistha, Amla, Tulsi, etc help in stopping hair fall and promote the growth of hair.