1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Awareness of sexual abuse in kids

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by sushmavja, Dec 28, 2011.

1. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

thank u all...hope we can create awareness in our child from an younger age itself..we can start telling them slowly while bathing them or while dressing them..one thing we have to know is its not only girls who are victims of such abuse..even boys are abused.so teach your sons too about the good touch and bad touch..

2. anandhabharani

anandhabharani New IL'ite

thanks for sharing...

1 person likes this.
  3. Loving2011

Loving2011 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for sharing this video. A thread of mine got closed months ago, but I wanted to point out to NEVER blame the child for not telling. Never. Children and even teenagers are in such shock when they're being sexually abused. They are scared of the consequences. Scared of breaking up families if their abuser is a parent or a sibling. Scared of being judged. Scared that nothing will be done. Scared of not being believed. Being manipulated by the abuser where the victim doesn't even know it's abuse.

Some of the people in my thread were asking "Why didn't you tell when the incident first happened" or "Why didn't you leave" These questions make the child abuse victim feel attacked. The fact is many sexual abuse victims are in situations where there's no trusted adult to tell. People kept quiet about their abuse, because that's the safest thing to do.

1 person likes this.
  4. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi sushma
    Appreciate your thoughts....child abuse is becoming an alarming problem with most of the culprits from within the know circles , most of the time. Boy/ girl...irrespective of the sex are the victims.....it might be interesting to note that in a few instances well placed, the so called dignified ones have been the culprits.......shocking yet true.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Mega

5. Loving2011

Loving2011 Silver IL'ite

Here's a video where my friend from India is being honored in America. She's one of the pioneers to raise child sexual abuse awareness in India. She has faced years of hatred, disbelief, and name-calling from others. I'm proud to say that her hard work has paid off. I hope that India will reach the day where abundant support and non-judgment is given to sexual abuse and rape survivors.

Shantel VanSanten's Speech at the Drawing Hope gala! - YouTube