average salary to ask in KL for banking job

Discussion in 'New to KL' started by sashikamal, Feb 18, 2012.

1. sashikamal

sashikamal New IL'ite

Dear All,

can anyone tell me what would be the salary range for working in a Bank with 8 yrs experience?

I am currently working in citibank in Zurich and applying for jobs in KL. but not sure how much to quote for the expected salary.

any tips pls..

cheers,
    Sashi

2. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

hi sashi..

based on the info from jobsearch websites, your salary is based on you qualification, your position and also the years of experience..

for example, look at this website - for a technical position in a bank..

a sales engineer with minimum 5-8 years experience earns in the range of RM 6000- RM 10000

I may not have answered your question.......:hide:

Acc to my friend who shifted from Zurich to KL, the salary there and here are just incomparable.......... :bonk So, dont convert the currency values......:bowdown

3. sashikamal

sashikamal New IL'ite

thanks preethi again for inputs:)

true..no way I can compare salary with zurich..but I was worried that I shud nt quote anything high that they don't call me for interview also:frown:

bcoz my hubby said he cud see in some job sites salary as less as 3000 myr for banking jobs..and I had quoted 8000 for me in one of the job sites. thats why I was worried..

btw, ur friend is from zurich?? that interests me:-D how is she in KL when compared to Zurich..especially her job?

and r u also working? I read one of the threads where u were looking for a job.

cheers,
    Sashi

4. preethiitech

yes, you should not quote very high.. the best possible option is "negotiable" and you can just talk to them when you meet.....

To expect only 3000RM for 8 years experience in zurich is considered pretty less.. But it also depends on your skill level, say a technical expert/ sales/ software/accountant/ finance person will definitely get higher.. While the salary level for admin/front-office generally does not rise very high.. I am unsure of your area....

Also, people get apprehensive when you quote you are a foreigner/ spouse to a foreigner/ work permit/ visa type etc etc kind of things........

The general obstacles I believe are the following "Nationality, Race, Religion, Visa, Work permit.........." When all these are settled , then only they will look at your qualification, experience etc etc... This is a general point of view, not to make you afraid....

IT IS definitely POSSIble to accentuate your career, just that it takes some more effort initially...

1 person likes this.
  5. preethiitech

My friend was here for around 2 years, and now has already gone to NZ recently.... However, for his technical expertise, and considering that he moved to his branch office here, he was paid well.. almost a 5 digit currency,which is a high standard here...... but then nothing compared to his swiss pay packet..

I have already replied to another thread here