1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Aveeno To Treat Body Itch

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by SuiDhaaga, Mar 8, 2020.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I eliminated processed foods. I miss dosas.

My diet is fruits, veggies, lean meat, kale, 16oz coffee, 16oz tea, one slice whole wheat bread, 8oz plain whole yougart.

2. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

For scalp try castor oil w lemon juice and rub thoroughly on to scalp leave for 1/2hr and wash. If not castor oil use coconut oil. Even ginger juice works great but if you scratched a lot it might burn with cytric juice. U have to try for few times to see the results

3. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

Try using castor oil alone if it works. It helped my baby from eczema w scratching.

4. dharmastick

dharmastick Senior IL'ite

You can also consider an organic way of treating body itches. It is safer and cost-efficient. In this method, you are worry-free about the side effects.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  5. ZenSojourner

ZenSojourner Silver IL'ite

I started to experience that kind of constant scalp irritation and rashes on my hands that has now progressed to full body rashes.

Turns out I am ALLERGIC TO COCONUT. Also, unfortunately, palm derivatives. There is literally NO product on the market (I am in the US) that is safe for me to use and I even have to avoid most toilet paper and many feminine hygiene products as well. There are a couple of products from Always I can use because their website lists ingredients for all their feminine care products so I can avoid that blowtorch-feeling, but the one toilet paper I was sure was safe for me hasn't been available since shortly after the pandemic started.

I just found out there is coconut oil in my laundry detergent and in fact in nearly all laundry detergents as well. Hemp oil helps with the irritation and rashes (plain old for-cooking hemp oil that you get in the grocery, not CBD oil).

Coconut allergies are supposedly extremely rare but I think that's just because (a) doctors NEVER TEST FOR THEM, sometimes not even if you beg them to, and (b) coconut ingredients in the west used to be very rarely used, now they are ubiquitous. They're in EVERYTHING, and if you are allergic to palm products on top of it all the outlook gets worse because if it doesn't have coconut, it'll have palm products.

Consider that you might have a coconut allergy, which might explain why rubbing coconut oil on doesn't help.

Whatever is causing it, if you can get hold of hemp oil, that might at least relieve some of the itching and help rashes and irritation to heal. It does for me. It even helps reduce irritation and inflamation if I can catch it right away. Last night my legs and arms started itching like crazy so I rubbed on some hemp oil. This morning I woke up with a nasty rash and inflammation where ever I DIDN'T apply the hemp oil. I still had SOME itching where I HAD used hemp oil, but not nearly as much and no inflammation.

Hemp oil is well absorbed (it won't leave you feeling like a walking oil slick) but it does have an odor, smells like dried grass to me. And by that I mean actual grass, not marijuana. It is derived from hemp seed that has no THC content (eg not marijuana, but the type we make clothes from).