1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Autoimmune Disease Help!!

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Hana2018, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Hana2018

Hana2018 Bronze IL'ite

Does anyone suffering from autoimmune disease/hashimoto disease/hypothyroid? Need suggestions.
    It's been 3 years I have been diagnosed with autoimmune disease. It's not that fatal. But lot of side effects. I am facing lot of side effects like too much hairfall, even though I am tired I don't get sleep in the night till 3-4am , feeling tired most of the time, dipression and the list goes on. Have tired all kind of diet like gluten free. I do yoga , spend atleast an hour in gym daily. I push myself so hard to be healthy but inspite of trying everything my TSH levels going up in every lab test.

2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, Don't worry. It is a manageable situation using medicines. The symptoms you have mentioned are typical ones for hypothyroid.

Have you consulted any endocrinologist. If not, you have to do that first . They will give you thyroid medicine ( eg: levothyroxine). You have to take that medicine every day morning in empty stomach. You can eat any thing else only after half an hour. This is to ensure proper absorption.

You may have to take this medicine life long . It is good to follow a healthy diet, but it won't help thyroid issue . Taking medicine is the only option for hypo thyroid with hashimoto.

Next step is to have a blood test to make sure your vitamins D levels are normal. If it's low you have to take vitamins D too. Recent studies suggest a link of vitamins D and autoimmune diseases. It's deficiency can affect immunity and also prevent calcium absorption . Also make sure that you are not anemic. That can severely affect health of hair. If anemic,you may have to take iron supplements
    Take care
    [I have hypo thyroid with hashimoto .My TSH is normal now. But hashimoto creates an on and off situation. So most likely I have to take medicine life long]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    sindmani likes this.
  3. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Pls do yoga regular and do meditation for few min. Imagine you're getting better.
    Drink more water and continue medication

4. Hana2018

Hana2018 Bronze IL'ite

Yeah I have consulted endocrinologist. Every 3 months once I am doing my blood test from past 3 years.Currently I am on 50 mcg levothyroxine and multivitamin based on my docs suggestion. My TSH is not normal once.

5. Hana2018

Hana2018 Bronze IL'ite

I think have to start meditation.

Vedhavalli likes this.
  6. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

May be you need more . I am taking 88mcg plus prescription vitamins D. Next time ask your doctor to check vitamins D and iron levels . Mine was critically low . Now almost normal. Anyway continue yoga or meditation and good diet with vegetables and fruits. I read that eating too much cabbage or cauliflower is not good as it reduce efficiency of thyroid medicine . Pl read about it.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    sindmani likes this.
  7. Hana2018

Hana2018 Bronze IL'ite

Sure. Thanks for your suggestions.