1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Authentic Pearl Strand

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by manmita, Jan 24, 2012.

1. manmita

manmita New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Can anyone suggest a store or a website to buy authentic ( Southsea / Japanese Akoya Pearls ) pearl strands . I heard that Coimbatore has the best and most authentic pearl collection but we live in the US so I thought I could buy online or in any stores here.

Thanks,
    Manmita.

2. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Hi manmitha, I bought 7 mm akoya pearl necklace for 250$ from 'PearlsOfJoy.com' through online.

You might be knowing that Akoya pearls are costlier than Cultured pearls and South sea pearls are costlier than Akoya.

The necklace is a single strand of 18 or 20 inches( don't remember exactly tough) and it looks beautiful.

3. manmita

manmita New IL'ite

Thank you for the reply Hemalatha. I will visit the website. ( If you don't mind me asking, did you get the pearls checked for authenticity after you bought them.) I wanted to buy a strand and use them in a gold haaram . Thank you again.

4. hemalathaK

No I didn't check for the authencity. The pearls looked so genuine with beautiful luster and it feels heavy when you hold it unlike the duplicate ones and it kinda gives a cooling effect when worn.

5. manmita

manmita New IL'ite

Thanks for the info. BTW are you a Sri fan? ( I am one too ) just curious since you have a her avatar.

6. hemalathaK

He he yes.Sometimes I try to change the pic but then I don't like anyone else other than Sridevi as my avatar.