Australia: Another Indian student attacked

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by VRajesh, Jun 13, 2009.

1. VRajesh

VRajesh Bronze IL'ite

A 24-year-old Indian student from Gujarat was attacked by a group of men in Melbourne , the latest in a spate of racial assaults targeting the community members in Australia .
    Hardik Bipinbhai Patel, who hails from Surat , was attacked by three people while he was about to enter his car here last night.
    Patel, who is pursuing a course in commercial cookery at the Melbourne University, said two people came in front of
    him while he was about to enter his car and punched him on his face.

"Then someone from my back side hit on my head and I fell unconscious. When I woke up I was found far away from the
    area and an elderly man helped me to reach hospital," Patel, who suffered face injuries in the assault, told PTI.

He said the attackers also looted his mobile, wallet and car keys and that they looked like drug addicts. Patel, who was admitted to a hospital yesterday, was discharged today and is doing well.
    The attack comes after Indian students in Melbourne and Sydney have held series of rallies over violent attacks and repeated calls for an inquiry into racial attacks against them.

SOURCE