1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Aunt Agony and A-jnani me.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Manjureddy, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Srama,

We dont get to choose our relatives. Especially those that come as free supplements with marriage . In these days of nuclear family and homogenised living, there is not much scope to find any great variety in personalities in the immediate family circles. But in families holding on to the older patterns of clan- bonding, one gets to interact with myriad specimens from variegated backgrounds with a greater degree of intimacy than mere nodding acquaintance. This Aunt B is actually my husband's maternal grandfather's brother's granddaughter-in-law , but is as familiar as any immediate atthai /mami. She loves attending all /any spiritual retreat advertised by all /any x-ananda swami . As is common in new converts, she loves to show off her latest learnings ! This time , her audience happened to be me. Thats all. She is generally not such a pest as I have caricatured . So please dont sigh over some imagined deficiency in your family tree.
    So glad to know you enjoyed the ride with me and that you share most of my everyday philosophies .thank you.

"As I get exposed to the Maya world, I do try to understand but the answer as to why this was all even created continues to elude me. There may be answers to the hows but these whys never seem to have answers. So I have stopped asking the whys and taking the cue from my extended family, have learnt to just do my job, enjoy the maya world around us and find those moments of complete satisfaction in my chosen way!"
    Bang on the spot. Well said, Srama.

But the possibility of any of us becoming like her any day is a scary prospect !

1 person likes this.
  2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi Manju,

Relatives !!! they come in ALL varieties adding spice to our lives, isn't it? see this aunt agony of yours ...she did provide you with enough material for a snippet after all :)
    so shall I wish you many more such visits ? (Nah.....I am not that mean.:wink:)

1 person likes this.
  3. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Mindi
    We choose our friends. We make our enemies. But Relatives are thrust on us by Providence. Its upto us to make the most of what we are given !

4. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Manjuuuu!

Do you have to be this mean to prove my imbecility not in the post but title itself ....whats that ... what -- is -- that :confused2: faintingsmiley

a'j'- nani, gak! Is that spanish 'j'/'h' or the norwegian 'j'/'y'. What is it?! It took time for me figure out what an a-a-gyaani I was not able to comprehend the 'ajnan' . Still I braved to read the rest of the post, jirdled and ready to guggle between paras or arsy-varsy (g/j).

Let me share a secret today though you don't reveal your secret in writing such exquisite narrations. I hop in your posts like a bunny searching for Easter Eggs. The words, phrases, wordplay, amusing tropes are like chantenay carrots to relish, crunch, bite and release a feeling of 'aha!' sweeter than the previous sensation! Though everyone has listed out the most waggish symphony in your post, for me it has always been your rat-tat-tat dry humor, unbeatable.

Manju, I wish I could add more to the conscious , sub-conscious, meta-conscious state of mind but my ramble should tell you my drive in life. My dad spends awful time trying to drill into my brain his learnings from spirituality to a poker-faced, pig-tailed me only to give up eventually at my thanatosis (pretend to die, hail David Attenborough's documentaries to master this skill). I've no clue what it means when someone says - spirituality, meditation, salvation, I believe we lead our life in pursuit of happiness, learning and sheer joy of thumping in moments like this where you just feel like running and hugging on a dear pal's spectacular comeback. Though one says - lead your life so that everybody around envies you, I lead my life that sometimes I envy MYSELF for all the fun and frolic! That's me, that's my philosophy and that's my 2kb of gyan in your page..aaargh...jaan..aah jnan! :biggrin2:

1 person likes this.
  5. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Reminded me of the dialogue in 'The Importance of Being Earnest' by Oscar Wilde

Algernon: "My dear boy, I love hearing my relatives abused. It is the only thing that makes me put up with them at all. Relations are simply tedious pack of people, who have not got the remotest knowledge on how to live, nor the smallest instinct about when to die"

2 people like this.
  6. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILites,

This has been a very thought provoking snippet from Manjureddy. There are a lot of interesting take homes here that everyone can benefit from.
    We have been able to feature it here. Please share it with your friends and family.

Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  7. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

My dear Moroccan Mocha- rush, Uttaraaaa !

I am so terribly, godawfully, truly, handwringingly SORRY for not having seen your exquisite response before this. How the heck did I miss this most endearing carrot crunching pigtailed Easter bunny hopping in my yard like a blissbearing angel ? Mystery, mystery.

You dont need to exert yourself to understand the various phonic avatars of g - j - ny used or abused in my writing. Because you prove yourself to be the very embodiment of my brand of philosophy .

I lead my life that sometimes I envy MYSELF for all the fun and frolic! That's me, that's my philosophy and that's my 2kb of gyan in your page.

Bewitched ! Totally bewitched , pal ! Its coming to me like a Verdi aria and i am shamelessly appropriating it for future use as conversational garnish .

Thank you so very much for bringing allure to my page.

I offer this in the " better late than never " spirit, just hoping it will not be rejected with a "Response delayed is response denied " dictum.
    :hide:

1 person likes this.