August 2017 Due Date Club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by lucky22, Feb 4, 2017.

1. niv26

niv26 New IL'ite

Hello Guys,
    This has been bothering me too much from yesterday, I have been drinking tap water till 9 weeks of my pregnancy.
    I am scared to death now, I hear about LEAD contamination blahh blaahh..
    Can anyone advice?
    All my test reports are fine, except I have low immunity for chicken pox.

2. Lithika

Lithika Bronze IL'ite

Don't Worry.......Better u can purchase filter(Eg.PUR) or packaged water becoz worrying abt lead content ly v stopped drinking tap water which affects brain development of KIDS.I am in Chicago

3. niv26

niv26 New IL'ite

Thanks Lathika, I purchased a water filter and started using filtered water around end of my 9th week of my pregnancy.
    I still cannot get over the fact that I have been drinking the tap water till my 9 weeks of my pregnancy, I am scared to death now :(

4. Lithika

Lithika Bronze IL'ite

What is the Diet u PPL are following
    Many use tap water for cooking....So hope u & baby will be definitly healthy.....Stay happy dear....

5. Mirraa03

Mirraa03 Silver IL'ite

Hi Niv,

Dont worry and im sure your baby will be healthy and fine. Just make sure you take healthy food and follow all your prescribed supplements. Stay blessed!!

6. Mirraa03

Mirraa03 Silver IL'ite

Hi Lithika,

I am a pure vegetarian and take typical south Indian breakfast in the morning with badam milk prepared at home. For lunch i make sure to include spinach 3 times a week and eat lot of green veggies. Inbetween i will have nuts say at 4.00 PM with a glass of milk and by 7-8 will have my dinner which is again rice/roti along with veggies.. I will have cut fruits whenever i feel to have :) My 3.5 year old daughter loves spinach and green veggies and fresh fruits so probably she is my inspiration :) :)

Lithika likes this.
  7. Lithika

Lithika Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mirra

Wow.....u r having a balanced diet....Continue dis.....
    Though I am non vegeterian i don't like to eat non-veg nowadays...

i will have Idli/dosa/chappathi in the morning
    Sometimes i take milk or fruit in mid - morning
    Rice with some south Indian curry & 1 veggie
    tea in the evening
    rice /chappathi in the night
    I am trying to have healthy food but i don't ve it .....

1.whenevr i take water immediatly aft getting i feel like bloating for a hour...hw to overcome dis?
    2 As it is winter here , i am not walking at all 'm bit worried abt dat too....how ppl in US manage dis?

8. lucky22

lucky22 Gold IL'ite

Wow, that is a really good diet...what are you doing to get protein? I am not sure nuts alone are enough sources of protein. My gyn suggested to eat soy, tofu and lentils but I am really not able to eat any lentils due to severe gas and constipation. Also, are you taking any prenatal vitamins?

9. lucky22

lucky22 Gold IL'ite

I agree about walking in winter here, it is really tough and sometimes just impossible. Just yesterday we had snow due to which the driveway was really slippery and I almost fell down while walking to my car :(
    I cannot wait for spring to come and for the daily temperatures to come to a decent place where I can enjoy taking walks outside, right now I feel like being cooped up inside the house and it is getting very boring.

10. lucky22

lucky22 Gold IL'ite

Dont worry too much about Lead contamination unless the tap water in your house has been tested in for elevated levels. Also, have you talked to you gyn about this and about your fears? This topic is worth talking to your healthcare provider about.