August 2014 due date club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by puja1986, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Nisitha

Nisitha Senior IL'ite

Hi Redruby,

I am taking the breast pump for storage purpose only. all my suggested me to have one as a back up. I really dont have any idea about midwife. i am taking a madella electric personal breast pump. my insurance is covering it completely. i am just having saffron milk daily and nothing other than that. i used to have raspberry tea when i was TTC , as i got to know it increases fertility but i dint work much for me.
    Dont worry about what ur midwife said, may be she was trying to use u as a stress reliever. if possible try talking to her again the morning hours may be she will talk to u in a relaxed way. nice explanation about hiccups. my mom said having hiccups is a gud thing. my boy has it daily.

@Vasumathy,

dont worry every thing will go fine.Will surely pray for u. I really wish u will have a full term pregnancy. Dont panic it will make the situation more complicated. relax as much as possible and keep calm. i know its easy to say, but i want everything to go smooth for u.

@priya,

even i packed my hospital bag y/d. my doc told me to pack it well in advance as we never know when what will happen. the list of things that i packed:
    1. feeding nighty-2
    2.nursing bras-2
    3.inners-2
    4.toiletries(brush,paste,comb,bath soap,moisturizer,deo,mouthwash )
    5.towel-1
    6.sanitary pads 2 different kinds

for the baby:

1.body suits
    2.cap
    3.receiving blanket
    4.socks,booties,mittens

2. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi Nisitha, i got same suggestion and heard madella is a very good brand. Saffron milk is good i got advised to drink it too but didnt do actually, dont know why even. i didnt know its used in TTC as well i just got adviced to drink it for shortening labor...Its right, hiccups is definetely good thing :) it means they train their lungs :) mine just had once but i think thats not a deal too. Talked today evening to hubby (was too shocked yesterday) and he said she was greedy and i should have listend to him.. he is right :( we wont talk to her again as she was several times mean to me but i ignored it and blamed my hormones and sensitivity plus thought it might be language / cultural missunderstanding.. but hubby said now again she doesnt have too much knowledge and it irritatet her i was asking questions plus we paid for course but didnt get the answers afterwards (as we had to leave) as she said if she is giving freely whats course then for? didnt expect such behavior from midwife, talked to hospital they try to help out :) seems she has reputation... :(

Dont forget atleast one nice trouser, i will take hubbies sport trousers with me as nurse told with the sanitary pads and everything i need something loose-fit.
    Ladies in july due date club adviced me to take make up kit with me to make me feel less like patient and some fruit juices to stay hydratet.

3. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

If the second ctg was 150 it might be ok and it was really just the position stress or such. Try to not worry too much. Did the doc said specifically about c-sec? Mine is checking ctg too i had a look in my maternal book but couldnt find any notes about the rates so cant compare to calm you. Im sure you will make it full term :) try to not worry much. i know its easy to say but hard to do but its really important now :) keep my fingers crossed for you

4. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

I was told that they have everything right there in hospital, even dresses so i dont need to bring anything expect a cute take-home outfit. But here is the list of things i got for my diaper bag or changing table:

• nappy cream with zink (was told that baby powder isnt best but got one too as im used to it)
    • disposable diapers pampers brand
    • wet whipes
    • himalaya baby soap
    • dabur lal tail massaging oil and badam oil to massage and to remove dirt from private part (wont take in diaper bag with me there just wet wipes)
    • bowl and facecloth for water to wash private parts (at home)
    • lanolin cream for nipples!!! that one i will take to hospital too
    will get some dry tissues / wipes to clean her as well.

Edit: choosed wet wipes without alcohol or parfume in it

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  5. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

sorry its me again...

i just read one article about inducing labor and found a quite interesting information which i thought might be usefull for you ladies here too. I found the complete article interesting. Here it goes:
    "[h=2]13. Eat Date Fruit![/h]Yes, and this one has a recent study behind it. According to this study on ‘the effect of late pregnancy consumption of date fruit on labour and delivery’:“We set out to investigate the effect of date fruit (phoenix dactylifera) consumption on labour parameters and delivery outcomes… 69 women consumed six date fruits per day for 4 weeks prior to their estimated date of delivery, compared with 45 women who consumed none… The women who consumed date fruit:
    • Had significantly higher mean cervical dilatation upon admission compared with the non-date fruit consumers (3.52 cm vs 2.02 cm, p < 0.0005)
    • Had a significantly higher proportion of intact membranes (83% vs 60%, p = 0.007).
    • Spontaneous labour occurred in 96% of those who consumed dates, compared with 79% women in the non-date fruit consumers (p = 0.024).
    • Use of prostin/oxytocin (for inducing/augmenting labour) was significantly lower in women who consumed dates (28%), compared with the non-date fruit consumers (47%) (p = 0.036).
    • The mean latent phase of the first stage of labour was shorter in women who consumed date fruit compared with the non-date fruit consumers (510 min vs 906 min, p = 0.044).
    It is concluded that the consumption of date fruit in the last 4 weeks before labour significantly reduced the need for induction and augmentation of labour, and produced a more favourable, but non-significant, delivery outcome. The results warrant a randomised controlled trial.""Source: Article: Induce Labour With Natural Methods - Bring On Labour Naturally. By Kelly Winder. BellyBelly Creator, Mom & Birth Attendant. In WWW: Induce Labour With Natural Methods - Bring On Labour Naturally. bellybelly.com.au.

1 person likes this.
  6. Nisitha

Nisitha Senior IL'ite

@RedRuby
    sorry i thgt this was the first time ur midwife was rude to u , If the she was rude to u before u can let go off her and look for a new one. Ur midwife should be very understanding and should have lots of patience.

Coming to make-up i dont wear any make-up so thats the reason its not there on my list. Loose fitting clothes,i am planning to take a salwar or a skirt depending on the weather. the hospital is very near to where i stay so i can send hubby or mom for my clothes that wouldnt be a problem.

I met pediatricians here and they all suggested me to use aveeno products as they dont have any scent in them and gud for baby's skin. One of the pediatricians suggested not to use any lotions instead use massage oil. There is a strict no for Johnson baby products as they all have some or the other kind of fragrance in them.

Gud thing that u posted the article i am anyways going to indian stores now i will surely get dates. Looks like its gud for health. I never had dates in this whole pregnancy.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  7. Priya123

Priya123 New IL'ite

@redruby, Nisitha,

Wow.. Thats very helpfull... Thank you Ladies... I have to get baby blanket and bath towel for myself... Lets keep updating if anything required..

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi N,
    Hiccups are good? Nice to hear.
    I wont hit the panic button easily! Made the mind to accept anything. Lets watch what happens next!

Hi Red Ruby,
    Heart beat shouldn't go to 180+ and shouldn't go very low too. Mine is slightly in the higher level, but i believe its ok. If tomorrow also CTG level got maintained, i might have some more time. Lets see how things goes with tomorrow's check up!
    Thanks for your support! :)
    How is things with you?

9. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vasumathi, yes hicups are good as they train the lungs of the baby :) so be happy your baby is doing his/her exercise :)
    Did you have had doc appointment today? Wish you all best and keep fingers crossed your CTG level got maintained.

@Nisitha: dont worry.. i thought too i was just oversensitive due to hormones etc. .. but even hubby felt so and is for sure not under hormonal influence ;) its just embarassing me when i try to call other midwifes.. but in hospital they where shocked too about her behavior...
    I was too switching between salwar and skirt, still not sure as the weather is playing roler coaster here. But will take for sure a pair of hubbies sport trousers :D already kidnapped them. Our hospital is very close too, its reliefing somehow isnt it? Even its so close hubby told today like you sure you will be in full mind right? to guide me direction?? so cute he is afraid to be too nervous to find way :D I dont think we get Aveeno here at least i never saw it. Sure, if you dont use makeup it wont make sence for you.

To all of you: is any of you ladies planning to use a baby carrier? I mean these scarfs which are used to carry babies. I got one from Didymos as it was recommended as good brand, midwife told she will explain how to use but then commented why i need and didnt do explain so i have no clue how to wrapp it now, i watched today online tutorials, is any of you experienced and can recommend one special way to use it or a tutorial?

My update from today: Cervix is soft and she could put one finger through to touch babies head which is engaged now. Everything is ready for labour, she is bout 3.400 something with 34 mm which she said is perfectly fine - doc said mature and ready to be born. Its enough liquid left but the placenta is lil bit calcify but nothing to worry about. Im gonna be checked in hospital on monday i called them today. From then on as monday is due date and doc on vacation i will be checked every second day in hospital. They told i can opt for induction with pills on monday and i should decide now wether to induce labor or not. We think we will wait some days and if middle of next week nothing happend we try some natural ways. What you ladies think?

If we want to try ourselfs doctor suggested sex. She said the inducing pills in hospital have the same active component then sperm to induce: prostaglandin. Just that sperm has a lot less and is so less effective (sperm has 20th of amount of what pills have).

10. uniquebee

uniquebee New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

It has been long since I read and posted this forum.. at my office indus ladies is not opening up due to browser issue :( and at weekends I dont like to switch on laptop :( ..

@redruby - I hope you must be soon expecting the lil one. Best wishes..

BTW I am 37 weeks 1 day .. Actual date of delivery is august 16th.. but in my first scan due to irregular periods i got a difference of 1 week...so doctor said we can wait till august 23rd for delivery..

Hope to see good news from every one soon :)