August 2012 mommies...

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by westsideindian, Dec 7, 2011.

1. gunturi30

gunturi30 New IL'ite

First of all, congratulations to you all.. am 10 weeks preg now..
    I am already over weight to start with and already gained 2.8 kg :(..

I donot have nausea. I am having 2 chapathi in the afternoon and 2 chapathi in the night and then 2 dosas/idli for breakfast.. Try to eat 3 fruits and 1 glass of milk.
    Doctor advised me not to do any exercise during this period so I think I have put on weight due to no exercise.

Also I am already showing up.. and look like 5th month preg :).. Doctor verified my stomach and have a doubt as its showing like 14 weeks... Actually I had only one day period in October'2011 and 1 1/2 day period in Nov'2011 so she doubts that if I was already pregnant.

But still she has given me scan/blood tests appointment on Feb 15th.. So hoping for the best..
    I am trying hard to eat minimum and good food but gaining very soon..

The baby's heart beat is 182,is it so high.. as i read in few websites that its on the higher side..

Please post your views on my situation.. Can it happen that I am already preg with 14 weeks :(.. just worried and hoping everything should be fine...

2. HuggleBuggle

HuggleBuggle Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Sandiya & Vasumathy.
    Sandiya
    For me they took the blood tests but for the NT Scan the baby did not turn up side. So they took approximate values.

3. HuggleBuggle

I am feeling better now. Wish to maintain the same or few extra pounds until the end of second trimester, as I too saw people gaining more weight from 7th month on wards.
    From my part the good thing is that I have started eating veggies with some dipping sauce. And in my case what I observed is that if I don't walk after having stomach full of rice, I am gaining weight. I will try not to happen this. If this is the case with you try this.

4. HuggleBuggle

SUBHAARCHIE & Gunturi30
    Congrats to you too! Yeah it's a wonderful journey & excited that we are going to be Mom & Dad.

Gunturi30
    In my case the ultrasound report itself determined the due date. So can estimate LMP.
    My baby's heart beat is also on the higher side like mid 170. I was also worried but DH told me that doctor would have talked to us about this, if there is anything wrong. And I heard that baby's heart beat will settle down as they grow. It will be higher in the early stages.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good to see you here Subha! :)
    Once again congrats on your pregnancy! :)
    Take care.

Hi Gunturi,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies. :) You can find our forum guidelines here...
    Congrats on your pregnancy! :)
    Eat healthy & stay healthy!
    Enjoy your pregnancy journey!

6. sainathuni

sainathuni New IL'ite

Hi Ladies, I am so glad i found this thread. i am now in my 10th week of pregnancy, and am way too exicted. right now on folic acid alone and trying to eat right. walnuts and dates is what my doc suggested. have not gained any weight and need to go for scan. Nausea has improved in the last week. i feel my tummy and waist area is sort of full and little tighter, has anyone noticed this. but my husband says nothign shows up as of now hmmn. trying to be hydrated and going for a mild walk, any suggestions....

7. HuggleBuggle

Congrats!!
    Stomach fullness is because of gas I think. Bloating is common in the first trimester.
    Take milk & add some protein, veggies to your diet.
    My doctor said variety is important. Plan your diet to take everything in a week either daily or alternate days.

8. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Hi vasu and hugglebuggle....

thanks a lot for your wishes...
    my dh is always making fun of me...as there is no nausea, no morning sickness and no tiredness....
    nothing much has changed physically as of now...

9. sesha07

sesha07 New IL'ite

Congratulations to all mommies to be!!.... Hope ur little ones are doing gr8 and so do u guys.....
    Am so happy to share my pregnancy journey with u all.... I am in 12th week now and till now everything is good...

Just that i have lost couple of pounds :( inspite of not having any nausea or vomitting..... just worried for that alone... but yup, otherwise good... little one is doing good too:)

10. sandiya

sandiya Senior IL'ite

hello all,

Welcome to Subha, Gunturi, Saina and Sesha... hope you all enjoy your pregnancy.. let us share our updates in this journey

@Gunturi..
    Dont worry.. ur ultrasound on Feb15th will decide your due date... with the gestation age (sac size) they could appx determine the due date...

@HB
    Oh.. so is NT scan results important any idea.. for me they have not scheduled any NT scan only blood test.. a bit worried bcos of that... doc said if blood test has issues then a scan will be recommended....

@Sesha..
    Do not worry... loosing weight in first trimester is ok... if not due to nausea..it might be due to stress.. stay calm and take good rest... generally if we put on weight from second trimester hat would be fine...

@everyone take care of you health.. and do keep posting your updates..