Auckland ladies pls help me

Discussion in 'Indians in New Zealand' started by poohbear, Sep 16, 2013.

1. poohbear

poohbear New IL'ite

Dear ladies! My husband got an offer to work in Auckland. We will be moving there in jan 2014. We are looking for a 2BR apartment, budget between $400 to $600 per wk and also schooling for my 4yr old girl. Hubby's working place will be in Avondale. We would like get a house near to the school. Ladies and also let me know the places where more indian communites live and indian shops around. Preference will be a house near to the school.

2. jive

jive Junior IL'ite

Hi there, you could try New Lynn, its close to Avondale, malls, train and bus stations. Fantastic Indian community and there is farmers market/asian markets in Avondale. Schooling is public so your daughter would fall into school zoned for your residence. try Trademe.co.nz real estate rental section for housing.
    Gud luk!

3. poohbear

poohbear New IL'ite

Hi jive! Thank u for the reference. It was a great help. I am in india now for a visit and shopping. Pls suggest me what kind of clothes should i get for NZ weather? Is it ok if I get some chudis and kurtas with winter clothes too. Ladies pls suggest.

4. dhivya rangarajan

dhivya rangarajan Bronze IL'ite

Hi poohbear.. Are you fom chennai? I am too moving to Auckland by the end of Jan 2014 :) Get in touch.....

5. poohbear

poohbear New IL'ite

Hi dhiva! Sorry for the late reply. Just saw it. Glad to get in touch with u. Hubby moving this wk and i will be moving in two months time. We are settled in Singapore but from chennai. Will contact u soon. Thank u for the response.