Attachments button not working

Discussion in 'Site Help & FAQs' started by Gauri03, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

from insert image

Minion.jpg

2. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi @Gauri03, Sorry I couldn't respond to this earlier. I saw the issue in the neurons thread and fixed a few images. Just need a few more details from you.
    Do you see the same issue in any other thread?
    Can you try posting a new image in http://www.indusladies.com/forums/e...growth/258242-lets-fire-up-those-neurons.html and let me know if you still face the issue of just the link appearing?
    Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I did a quick parsing of the neurons thread and I think I can see most images. If you check the "100 days of Positivity" thread, the first post has an image that isn't showing up. Only a link is visible.

The other issue is the list of attachments under images that have been attached inline. That problem still persists.

1 person likes this.
  4. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Gauri03. I fixed the image in the first post.

Just to make sure that I understand the issue correctly, are we talking about the attachment link at the bottom of the post as highlighted in the image below? If yes, unfortunately we cannot get rid of that. It was included to avoid the duplicate image issue a few days back.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  5. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Okay. Thanks for clarifying. I wonder why we have that problem now. Before these problems started we could attach images inline without the link appearing below.

1 person likes this.
  6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Agree... If insert inline option was chosen, the attached image was inserted within the post wherever we wanted, not being listed as separate / list of attachments along with...

1 person likes this.
  7. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Testing Attachment

Attached only as File Attachment, No In-line.

Attached Files:

8. Induslady

Testing Attachment

Upload the attachment, then do In-line, image appears In-line within the post.

IMG_2311.JPG

No listing the image as link, nor listing the image as Attached File, just In-line in the post.

1 person likes this.
  9. Induslady

Hello All,

I hope my posts above testing attachment options are self-explanatory.

We have tried addressing the following issues with the upcoming attachments:

1. Images included "In-line" will appear as only images In-line (as in post#18 above), no listing the image as 'link' (or) listing the image as files attached.

2. Images included as "File Attachments" will appear as Attached Thumbnails at the bottom of the post. The Thumbnail size has been increased to a higher size that it appears almost the original image size.

3. Duplicating the image as both "In-line" and "Thumbnail" should not happen henceforth. However, this would still be there with the previously posted attachments, fixing that is server intensive and hence we chose to leave it as it is.

While troubleshooting this issue could have taken a little longer time, I hope you will appreciate that we tried to prioritize it as much possible. Thank you for your patience.

2 people like this.
  10. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Some images in this very own thread and elsewhere too has both in line & attached images being visible! Unlike the temporary fix which showed the attachment as just a link below! That was much better than this! But newly posted images r working as expected, thank you for that! :thumbsup

We can understand server issues, take your time! As long as some work is going on we are happy to wait! :)