1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Atlanta Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by Induslady, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,

How's everybody these days?

Sorry, I've been away from this site for a few days...was busy on a project...at home I've been trying different baby sitters...finally today we got somebody we liked...lets see how it goes...

How do you ladies cope with work and kids? With a 6mth old, I feel stressed out all the time...

Incidentally I've decided to join Curves from next week...hopefully that'll get me in shape...*sigh*....:)

Take care for now...

PS : Hi Padmausha....Thanks for the welcome note!:)

2. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Hi Aarushi

How are you? It is nice to know that you have taken steps to join the curves. :2thumbsup: All the best. I understand how your 6months old behave. wait until she goes to school. With both my kids it is like a running race. Even though i am a stay a home mom i find it tooooo much stressed out sometime. Let me know how it works out with curves. How much do they charge you for the programm? take care.

raji

3. Kanchan

Kanchan New IL'ite

Hello Everybody

My name is Mrs. Kanchan Ghare. Basically i am from Maharashtra. My Husband is a Software engineer.I am a Housewife,used to work in a consulting company back in India We moved to Atlanta around a year ago.

I like to read books and listen to music. I like traveling a lot. I like to listen to music. I love to cook and interested in learning a wide variety of cooking.
    I am looking froward to make some new friends and enjoy my stay with Atlanta ladies.

4. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Hi kanchan

Welcome to the forum. I am Raji and we just moved to atlanta. where are you in Atlanta? How do you like it so far? Are you working?

Raji:wave

5. sillyships

sillyships New IL'ite

Hi everybody,

I am Shilpa. I just moved to Alpharetta from Texas a few days back along with my husband. I am currently 5 months pregnant and don't plan to go back to work for sometime.....this is my first pregnancy,so am really excited....was getting really bored here since I don't know anybody.How do you make new friends here? Just happened to tumble upon this site.Seems to be a great place to get to know more people.How do you all find Georgia? Alpharetta seems to be a nice place...haven't been to other places yet.

:wave
    Shilpa

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Welcome dear Shilpa and Congratulations!
    I wish you all the best with your pregnancy and enjoy motherhood.
    I am faraway in NJ and have no idea about that part of America. But there are many members here from Atlanta.
    Do take an active part in IL and keep posting your thoughts and questions here and with time, you will get to know many personally.
    Best of Luck.

L, Kamla

7. sillyships

sillyships New IL'ite

Hi

Kamla, I have lived in NY for a couple of years and have been to NJ.Nice place.
    Yes, hope I do get to know a lot of people on this site.

How is everybody else doing?

Shilpa

8. aashree

aashree New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am Bhagyashree , staying in Alpharetta here. We came here in mid Jan. Yet to see places in Atlanta. Its nice to see so many indians here. I belong to Pune,Maharashtra from India. For jobs i have stayed in Bombay,bangalore,delhi etc..
    I am currently at home full time. Have applied for my H1 this year..hope something good comes out from the lottery this time.

Anyways..looking out for doing some good time pass here :)

Cheers..
    Bhagyashree

9. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

HI Bhagyashree

Welcome to Atlanta. How do you like it so far? I am waiting for my h1 too. If you are interested you can do some volunteer work. There is a website in which you can find lots of information. /www.volunteermatch.org.

Raji

10. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

HI
    HOw are you all? I need a little information does anybody know a music teacher. I am looking for a carnatic music class teacher for my kids. They are learning music already but the problem is their teacher is in Canada. Now i am looking for a local teacher here. If any body come to know can you please let me know. Thanks

raji