1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Atlanta Ladies Get Together - Nov/Dec Meet!!

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by Aarushi, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I started this thread so that we can discuss, brainstorm and plan our next get together.

We need to decide the - Date and Location!

Date: I was thinking of 2 dates - November 24th or December 1st. Both are Saturdays. If some people are going to be out the Saturday of Thanksgiving week (i.e. Nov 24th), then we can hold it on Dec 1st.

Location: Hema and Karthika have suggested camping. It's a good idea but I'm worried about the cold weather...By November end, it will be very chilly outside...

If you have any more ideas, please bring them on...

Akhil suggested Bowling...I can't seem to think beyond a dinner and a movie...:rolleyes:

AnandChitra from Martinez Georgia has suggested having the next get together at her house in Martinez. It is about 170 miles from Atlanta. *Thanks AC for your kind invitation*:-D

Please let me know your thoughts...

love,
    Aarushi

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007

2. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi Aarushi,

I think Bowling is a wonderful idea. There is a good bowling alley in Dunwoody next to Bombay Grill.

Outside camping is a great idea for Spring-Summer. Post May, we can do that.

3. Hemalata

Hemalata Senior IL'ite

I agree. Camping is ideally done during Spring-Summer. Bowling is also a good idea. What other outdoor activities are possible in winter? Any ideas?

Cheers
    Hema

4. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Hi
    It is a nice idea about meeting during the thanks giving holidays. But the only problem is i won't be able to attend because we are moving into our new home. The closing date is the end of this month and i need time to settle down. So how about we have it during the Christmas holidays. I don't want to miss this opportunity this time.

Raji

5. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

A very Happy Diwali to all of you!! Hope the new year is full of light, laughter and ladoos for all of you!!:)

btw What happened?!! Why the slow down of ideas?? I would really love for all of us to meet Nov end. In fact I'm liking the Dec 1 date.

Raji: Congrats on your new house!! Where is it? You have to invite us for house warming now...:biggrin2: Sorry to hear that you will not be able to make it for this meet. :-(But as you said, we will meet in the next one (maybe near Dec end)...:)

Thanksgiving is almost here and the holiday season has started in full earnest...so pull up your thinking caps and fight the cold with
    warm and fuzzy ideas on what we can do to spend a day together.

Incidentally, I just wanted to remind you that we all have an open invitation from Anand Chithra to have the meet at her place. Its a bit far (about 2-3 hrs drive), but I'm sure if we all drive together, we can have a rollicking time...:) The only con for me is driving with small kids...back and forth would be about 4-5 hrs for them in one day...

She has been in Georgia for several years, and I think is the senior most member (as far as living here is concerned at least)...So it would really be fun to meet her and her family...:)

Please let me know your thoughts...We can start planning then...

love,
    Aarushi

6. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Hi Aarushi

Happy Deepavali to you too. My house is at Cherookee county. It is a brand new home. Going to Anand Chitra's house is nice ideas too. If we plan to meet by the nov-24th probably i can try to make it up. The moving date is the end of this month. Sure i am going to invite you all for a house warming party.

Raji

7. karuth

karuth New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    Nice thing that you all are planning for the next meet.On thanks giving weekend we are moving to a new apartment.So if its after that I will also join you all.:party

Regarding Ideas, If we go to Ac's house we will plan for some places on the way. Say a statepark or a waterfalls.Or we can make some serious plan for a tour by booking a 12 seater....But if winter is a main consideration we will go for bowling this time and Raji's newhouse and my new one in the next months and reserve these for forthcoming months.

what u all feel

bubye
    karthika.

8. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,

Datewise, Dec 1 weekend is better for me.

And I like Karuth's idea...lets do something in town this time, and after that we can go to AC's and Raji's house...my daughter has been sick for the past few days because of the changing weather, and I don't want to go too far this month..in case she falls sick again, I want to be near home...

love,
    Aarushi

9. jyothiravi

jyothiravi New IL'ite

Hi Everyone ,

I am sorry I am unable to make it this time . I have family visiting from india and we are planning some of our own personal travel in the USA during nov end /dec .

I will definately be interested in the next meet . But all of you have a good time and share pics .

10. Varshak

Varshak New IL'ite

Hello everyone

Get together sounds great! I had missed the last opportunity to meet you all, I will definitely make it to this one... the first weekend of dec (1st or 2nd) works best for me...

I am ok with any plans....so just count me in

Varsha