1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

At what age the kid should understand the value of money

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by puspita, Mar 7, 2011.

1. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends

Its a question that came to my mind when i became a mom....(now my kid is 4).May be its too early to think, still i will like to ask u all...
    What is the right age of a kid to make him understand about the value of money??
    The main aim is, in Today's world,we parents r very busy and incoming in good figures...and most important thing is we dont have enough time to spend with our kids.So whenever they r demanding anything...we r just fulfilling them....But sometimes i think they should also know the value of money, otherwise the expectation will grow with their age...and i dont want to happen this with my kid.
    To be frank, i have seen some kids in my family are so demanding...at the age of 9/10 they r demanding for expensive things.I know the parents can afford and they feel if they will not buy those things, their kids r feeling bad in front of their friends.I am scared of this situation.We r OK to fulfill everything that my kid will want...but i dont want him to be demanding.I want him to explain that money doesnt come easily...so that he shd have a respect for money in his mind n im sure it will definitely help him to make a good future.
    I dont know whatever i am thinking is right or not....but i want some views.Also how you all r guiding ur kids and at what age..pls share with me.

2. syndirya

syndirya Senior IL'ite

Puspit that's nice question. Well exactly there is not certain age where child understands the value of money but yes there is certain movement. I think this is up to the parents to make their child learn the value to money.