1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

At The Right Time

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Oct 18, 2016.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks aarthi
    You'll know in the next chapter

2. blackbeauty84

Chapter-27

‘Hello I’m from…’

‘Priya…’

Jai couldn’t believe his eyes when Priya was standing outside the door and Priya didn’t expect Jai either.

‘I was asked to handover this….Priya was holding the jewel box from her father-in-law’s shop which had the ring Jai purchased in the shop yesterday.

‘Come inside Priya…’. Priya who resisted for few seconds gave up and went inside.

‘I’ll just refresh and come. Please wait.’ Jai requested and went inside the suite.

Priya sat in the sofa, she didn’t expect to see Jai. Since yesterday several strange things have been happening around her. Her father-in-law came back very late yesterday night and Vivaan was fast asleep at that time. Today early morning her father-in-law came to her and asked her to deliver this package to the hotel suite. He stressed that he forgot to deliver this yesterday night and he has to go out somewhere so he needs her assistance.

Priya talked to her father in the morning time. He sounded very happy and told her that they are coming back to Chennai that weekend. When she asked for the reason for cut-shorting the trip he was wishy-washy.

‘Looks like I slept for 12 hours straight..’ Jai said sitting in the sofa opposite to Priya. Jai stole a glance at Priya who was looking very beautiful in a pink saree. She had lost weight, her spark has gone and she didn’t look at him at eyes.

‘Priya…I gave this to Sriram while on the way to airport and he couldn’t reach it to you..’ Jai gave the note he wrote for Priya earlier which read

‘I too want Vivaan’s wish come true.

Let’s work out things once I’m back. –J’

Priya remained silent and was looking somewhere else.

‘I’m sorry Priya…I shouldn’t have left the country without speaking to you. But I tried reaching out to you several times..I never thought you will go missing…’

Silence hanged heavily in the air and Jai sat looking at Priya’s eyes. Priya continued to remain silent.

‘Where’s Vivaan?’ Jai asked all of a sudden.

‘Why do you ask?’

‘Don’t be ridiculous Priya.. Where’s Vivaan’ Jai asked raising his voice.

‘He is in my in-laws house.. He was sleeping when I started..’

‘Call your father-in-law now and ask for Vivaan’ Jai ordered. Priya hesitated wondering what Jai has in mind.

‘Priya I spoke with Kumar yesterday…He told..Leave that..Call him and ask for Vivaan.’ Jai insisted.

Priya tried and the mobile was switched off.

‘Try your mother-in-law number.. Didn’t you suspect something? Why should he send you out of all people..’

‘That’s also switched off…Tell me what did you talk to my father-in-law and why?’ Priya raised her voice against Jai.

‘About Us…’ Jai gave a short reply and was searching for the ACP number in his phone.

‘Us??? How can you, Jai?’ Priya’s tone was sharp.

Jai received a call from ACP saying the plain clothed men posted outside Kumar’s house saw Priya coming out of the house. One of them followed her and saw she reached Jai’s suite. Five minutes before Vivaan was seen bundled into the car and taken somewhere. He is following the car and ACP is also reaching there with police patrol.

Jai updated Priya with latest happenings including how he found out she in Trichy …She bursted out to Jai

‘He always wanted Vivaan..Now if anything happens to Vivaan…’

Meanwhile Jai got another call from ACP saying Kumar found out it was police who is following him. He over sped and banged car on a tree. Kumar was injured and taken to hospital in an ambulance. Vivaan and two other persons who were in the car backseat have mild injuries.

Jai and Priya drove to the accident spot. Vivaan had a minor injury in head and already first aid was given to him. Vivaan was in shock and was crying hysterically when he saw Priya. Priya hugged Vivaan and was crying too.

ACP took Jai apart and said ,’ Sir there is nothing to prove it’s Vivaan is being Kidnapped though we know it. They can easily claim they took Vivaan for a ride…So apart from overspeeding I cannot press any charges. Take them back to Chennai. I’ll try to conduct an inquiry but I’m not positive about the results.’

Jai took Vivaan to hospital where the doctor had sutured his wound.

‘There’s nothing to worry mam. Boy is bit in shock. A good sleep will help. I have given injections so that he’ll sleep.’ Doctor comforted Priya.

Vivaan slept on Priya’s lap on the ride back to hotel. No words passed between Priya and Jai. Jai couldn’t understand what mind frame she is in. Priya was in a shock. There was a lot going on in her mind: Vivaan’s accident, her father-in-law backstabbing, Jai’s sudden reappearance. She didn’t even realize where the car was going.

It was when Jai said ‘Get down Priya’ and gave his hand to help her with Vivaan she realized where they have reached.

Jai led the way to his suite and made Vivaan rest in the bed. Priya too sat next to Vivaan.

3. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Oh finally, these two met! Now, awaiting Priya's reaction.

4. blackbeauty84

Yes yes all depends on her...

5. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Oh I think now both jai and Priya should sit and talk for some time..
    PA

6. blackbeauty84

Chapter-28

Priya didn’t know how long she sat looking at Vivaan who was sleeping. She went out near the adjoining room and she could hear what Jai was speaking.

‘.. I’m okay… I’m really. I’m happy that Vivaan is safe.

I’m bit old for this : either I don’t know how to approach a girl or how to react or I goof up by putting a life in danger.

I didn’t have life partner all these years though I was married and I can remain the same way. Last one month had been beautiful thinking about the possibility…’

Priya came silently and sat opposite to Jai.

‘I’m sorry for whatever happened….’

‘Jai…Vivaan is just injured, he will be alright. I was hurt when you didn’t respond to me and I threw my phone so that no one contacts me. But I came out of it fast. I dropped the idea of relocating to Bangalore and decided to stay in Chennai. Though I told Srikanth that I will move out I wanted to talk to you once more at your leisure. I was hurt when you just left without giving a reply, but I understand your job is very critical as well My father in law came and took us to Trichy, Yes I too wanted a break..

When I heard Vivaan was in danger I yelled at you. That was a natural reaction. Last few days you proved to the world that how much you love me and Vivaan. I don’t want to let go of you just because of some misunderstandings.

We have suffered a lot individually…I’m looking forward to start a new beginning with you.

I want to experience love again in life also I want you to expererience what love is…

I’m very sure I’m the only woman in your heart. I love you, Jai.’ Priya said looking into Jai’s eyes.

A stunned Jai got up from the sofa , sat next to her, took her hands and kissed it gently. That kiss made them forget the years of loneliness. Priya leaned on Jai’s shoulders and felt safe. He hugged her tightly not even leaving air to come in between.

Jai took the jewellery box and showed what’s inside to Priya.

‘This is the same ring Ganesh gave me during engagement…’

‘I know..I have seen it… that’s why I chose it again…’ Jai slid the ring in Priya’s hand and kissed her again.

‘Mummy…’ Vivaan came from adjoining room

‘Hello Jai uncle…’ Vivaan looked at Jai.

Jai kneeled beside Vivaan and asked ,’Would you call me as daddy?’

Vivaan looked at Priya for support who gave an encouraging nod ,’Just like how Srikanth, Sriram anna calls you?’

‘Yes..Shall I marry your mom?’ Jai asked him seriously.

‘We all will live in a single house?’ Vivaan asked

‘Yes…we will live as a family…’ Jai explained

‘Will you drop me to school like other dads do?’

‘Sure Vivaan…Whenever I’m in the city..I’ll drop you to school..So will you call me daddy?’

‘Yes Daddy.’

Priya and Jai kissed Vivaan.

Epilogue

Jai married Priya the following week in a simple traditional ceremony at his villa. It was attended by immediate family members along with Col. Mukund. Jai’s close friend & mentor chairman graced the occasion with his family.

Srikanth & Sriram had tears of joy after marriage. He hugged Jai and told ‘I’m very happy for your dad… Love you mom’

‘I thought you were going to call me Priya…’

‘I feel like calling you mom..’ He held her hand and squeezed it.

‘Look at the happiness in your parent’s face Priya’ said Col. Mukund. ‘Congratulations Priya and Jaishankar, take good care of each other…’

‘Congrats Jai..’ chairman came and patted Jai in shoulders. ‘Priya, I became your fan when I heard your proposal…’

A puzzled Priya asked ‘When did you hear?’

‘Didn’t Jai tell you..He forgot to cut the call. I heard everything till I heard some noises…’ chairman explained despite Jai’s protest. Priya’s face turned red. ‘If not for this guy you would have continued in Evolution, so if you are looking for a job..’

‘I’m taking a break for few months….’

‘Understandable and Jai , I’m delaying my retirement announcement till the company acquisition is over.So till then …enjoy your married life…’ Chairman winked at him

‘Thanks Chairman…’

‘You should stop calling me as Chairman in another one year people will be calling you as so…’

‘I will try..It’s going to be tough…’

Chairman asked Srikanth who was standing nearby’ This is what you were referring that day right?’. Chairman pointed to Sriram and Meera who were holding hands.

Chairman’s wife came around and offered her congratulations.

‘Where are you going for honeymoon Jai?’ she asked.

‘We are going to Wayanad. It’s going to be a family vacation as Vivaan wanted…’

After the guests departed all the boys camped at Priya’s parents house to give the newly weds some privacy.

Priya was standing in the bedroom and admiring the pool view.

Jai came behind her and said, ‘this is where I saw you first…’

‘Yes I remember…’ she looked at Jai and said ’Who would have thought..’

‘Yes who would have thought….’

‘Everything happened at the right time Jai’…

Jai pulled her closer switched off the lights and said ,’Yes this is the right time for everything…’

Join me in wishing Mrs & Mr Jaishankar and his family everlasting happiness.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    AnooSA, sumalynux, Lata6 and 7 others like this.
  7. blackbeauty84

This is my first serial story and I'm really thankful to the wonderful feedback, continuous encouragement.

If you think story of Priya & Jai ended with this it's completely wrong. I'm writing a sequel to 'At the Right time' and will take you through how Priya & Jai faced the challenges of marriage.

MonaModi and Lata6 like this.
  8. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Hey BB!!

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your successful completion of your first story!!
    Hearty Congrats and you have given us a wonderful story with a lovely message.

Priya and Jai completely lived up to our expectations. Special mention for the characterization of Priya! Courageous and straightforward!!

All the very best for the sequel!!

9. blackbeauty84

Thank you Very much Rajeni. Really glad to see the characters living upto your expectations.

latharamesh1964 likes this.
  10. latharamesh1964

latharamesh1964 Bronze IL'ite

Hi BB,

Thoroughly enjoyed reading . Good story, beautifully narrated incidents, indeed the practical reality of the current generation and lifestyle with a positive approach. Way to go !!!

Best wishes to all your endeavors in life.

Latha Ramesh