Astrology and its predictions do we need them?

Discussion in 'Astrology Numerology & More!' started by sumee, Nov 23, 2013.

1. sumee

sumee Silver IL'ite

I have been wanting to discuss about astrology,predictions and how each one of are so much influenced by it,so much so that for a number of us it is like a vitamin tonic.I am not joking. Today I am penning my thoughts after witnessing a number of cases. Let me give you a few examples:
    I have an Uncle whose daily morning routine starts with listening to astrological predictions of the day before he even reads the newspaper.And when he hears that his birth star will not have a favourable day he sulks.
    I have a neighbour who will listen to a channel's prediction for that day and wear what colour shirt he has been to wear on that day.In fact we don't need a calendar to know the day.His shirt tells us.:).
    I know an aunty who will wear a particular saree if she has to buy gold.She says her astrologer has said so.
    Some people also wear multiple rings to ward off the negative power of the nine ruling planets. In fact here in Tamil Nadu people fear the negative effects of shani,guru and rahu-ketu so much so that there are special pujas performed to lessen the bad effects.
    So I would like to know do they work? Will a puja remove the obstacles in a person's life.Because we know when a planet is not in a favourable position in our horoscope there are adverse effects.Do we really need predictions about what will happen in future? Don't we have faith and trust in our ability that we have to go to an astrologer to know what is going to happen?And as far as I know past and present can be predicted but future?????
    Are there good astrologers who really can say what the future will be for someone and give good advice? Also why do astrologers charge so much? Be reasonable.Can all of us afford five star astrologers?. Why am I being cynical? Reason being I met a few astrologers and each have predicted different things after seeing my horoscope..some say good time,some say not good time..so much so that I am confused. And none of their predictions have come true.:idontgetit:So now I have decided that whateverkneesmiley has to happen will happen, NO astrology or predictions,can change that. I would also add that Faith in God and doing a good deed everyday is enough to make our day and life lucky.

2. madraskrishnan

madraskrishnan Junior IL'ite

Hi,

Iam not too sure, whether to condemn this habit of people acting according to the daily horoscope predictions, because this is a sensitive matter. But i've seen people, who will avoid doing certain things on certain days, eg, Chandraashtama. Some, who would wait for the good hour even to pay the electric or water bill. The most frustrating part is that when these things are forced on us. According to me they just complicate their simple happy life into a troublesome one.