1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Astrological predictions

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Jan 15, 2016.

1. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Jaya amma,

What a thought provoking analysis. I just enjoyed reading yours and @Akanksha1982 response's forth and back.

My parents used to get our charts read through people when we were young. At that time I was only interested in how well I will pass my exams and so on. Then the phase started during our marriage times to find the matching person. Then , now, we don't read and I don't even think about it. But I so remember, when I had attamathu sani, that was a very bad time. I was in the refugee camp and it was tough. I still do not know whether it is due to attamathu sani or what. Then when I had 7 1/2 sani, I had very bad experiences too. Now, truly I don't know and I tend to not to read new year palans and so on . I am happy praying to God and see what happens and I pray to the almighty to guide me too.
    But I loved reading the internal aspects amma,. You are so knowledgeable and my hats off to you and I bow your intelligence.
    Love
    vani

2. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jayasala,

I don't know how I missed such an informative thread about Astrology, where you have gone in depth, in sharing your knowledge with us. If you take a horoscope to different astrologers each one will come out with entirely different predictions. But many of them loot money under the guise of parikarams, asking people to take yatras, do poojas and go to distant temples which many cannot afford financially.So the best option is to do our best and leave the rest to God!

Agatha83

sindmani likes this.
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Girvani,
    Sani is supposed to reside 30 months ( two and a half years in each Rasi).His residing in 4th place( arthashtama sani,)8th place( ashtama sani) and ezharai sani ( 12,1st and second place) are supposed to be halmful.Then we have to worry for 12 and half years in every 30 year perid.That is too much.If one is born during Ashtama sani, most probaby he/she would face three seasons of71/2 Sani.We cannot be living in anxiety for a precious periof 20-25 years in imaginary worries.We will do our duty..Let sani do his duty.Let us not fall a prey to greedy astrologers.
    Jayasala 42

sindmani and girvani like this.
  4. jayasala42

All pariharams,vratas and yatras may give some relaxation, peace of mind and a gap from problematic routine.This makes the mind somewhat clear to take right decisions.If any God or Goddess is pleased to fulfill our wishes by accepting some vows or prayers,he is no God at all.If we want to help the community of astrologers we can help them, spend for the education of their children etc but be careful enough not to be victimized with miraculous results of homam, pooja, yantra and tantras,holy threads etc etc which are stated to cost in thousands.If we spend and fall into debt it will become yet another problem for which the astrologer may never help you to redeem the loan.
    If you want to be successful or avoid failures at least, decision making should be yours.It is our family, our children and our money.We know the ins and outs of problems more than any astrologer, who is a third person.
    Jayasala 42

sindmani likes this.
  5. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

True.my view is similar .

6. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

True. Thanks for the post.

7. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Mrs Jayasala,

Your write up was very informative. I come from a family which believes that horoscopes can predict the good and the bad in a persons life. My Dad can read horoscopes. Though none of us go deeply into it. My husband is crazy about going to astrologers. He will do any pariharam that has been told by them and spend so much of money on them. I do not believe anyone can do anything about ones fate. We have to take life as it comes and be positive always. What I write below is something that could make one wonder how a family could have survived so many problems.

I fell in love and got married against my parents wishes. In spite of it my parents insisted that the horoscopes should be read. They went to an known astrologer and got it read before consenting to the wedding. But post marriage has been hell for me. I lost my husband 10 years later. No one could say it would happen when his or my horoscope was read.

After struggling to bring my my daughter who was just 7 , i came across a person who is very God fearing. Never leaves the house without lighting the lamp or saying his prayers. But he is never stable in his career. Which is a big financial strain on us. Anyone who reads his horoscope can never say why he is not successful in his career.

On the other hand, my life has been just about OK. No financial stability but we carry on. No one who has read my horoscope can say i have problems. At one point it was always Saturn. But I laugh and say saturn has become my best friend after living with me for some 30 years!!

MY brother is an alcoholic and is almost 50 now. But everyone who sees his horoscope says it is excellent and this boy will be brialliant!!!

My Sister was married had 3 children when she and her husband passed away in an accident. It was a marriage conducted after horoscope matching. This is some 35 years back.

Her children are twins. One of the boys are well settled and one is not able to stick to any job.

So it is only the mind and positive thinking that can help a person more than believing is horoscope, pariharams etc.

Like you said there is something called fate and destiny.

Regards
    Uma

8. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

True. Positive thinking is the only solution to various problems.

9. jayasala42

Thank you for reading my snippet of last year and responding.Too much belief in astrology will be an impediment.

jayasala 42
    Dear Uma Kumar,
    Many girls have similar problems in their lives, the problems never foretold by astrologers.
    We should have self confidence and be prepared to face life.My sister lost 5 sons one after the other within 5 years.Though she was unconsolable while tragedies struck her, she somehow built up courage.It does not matter how many times we fall. But it really matters how we come out.Astrologers may give some outline and are unable tp predict serious illnees, or death.Thank God you are able to come out of your difficulties and manage somehow.No one has a totally perfect,ever prosperous life.It is better we get guided by our free will, common sense and intelligence .

Jayasala 42

sindmani likes this.
  10. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

This is one of the subject intrigued me to follow, recently.

No one can predict the future, if we do our destiny will be different. It is as good as the 'Nostradamus predictions'. Can be interpreted as per reader's wish.

Recently, I read on twitter that made me laugh and think twice....the story goes that she went see an astrologer, her conclusion: Anyone with good memory power, little presence of mind to manipulate others in sugar coated words can easily do the job. Astrologer showed her a laminated chart of planets - Ragu/Kethu goes first, Sani follows it and other planets go side ways, not in her favor. She paid the money to leave the place quickly, left more confused than before seeing the astrologer.

It is the recent trend, TV commercial advertisements made astrology the easy money making business. Previous generation followed their hearts and accepted the consequences of their actions. Now, we are looking for an quick solution for our problems, thus astrology became more popular than the past.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    sindmani likes this.