Ask Questions To IndusLady about IL BLOGS

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by ish_nalini, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

I want to know about blogs
    1. How to post my blogs?
      How many posts can i post in my blog
    2. I have entered my blog in blog title and description only .I dont find any representing "POST MY BLOG" in my blog page. May i know the reason?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Re: Blog Queries

Nalini,

You need to write to IndusLady who will have a blog space for you. Then you can post your blogs.

3. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Re: Blog Queries

Thank you mals

4. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL'ites,

We will be happy to provide you with a blog access. However, we have some basic requirements we want a blogger to read, understand and comply.

Please read the basic requirements we have:
    • Consistent blogging - Average of one blog entry per week
    • Focus on Quality - Continuously calibrate and improve your blog posts by looking at user comments and feedback.
    • Carryout ongoing actions to improve your readership (maintaining a blog roll, Face book/Twitter activity, participating in external blog contests etc)
    • Actively engage in IL bloggers private forum to improve your blog quality and increase blog readership.
    • We want to build a great community of quality bloggers and hence this requirement.
    If you think you will be able to meet these requirements let us know and we will immediately get set you up with a personal blogspace in IndusLadies Community.

Just in case you find meeting those requirements a little challenging, we would request you to first try your hands in posting your own writings on topics of your interest in the appropriate forums in this section - Good to Read / Write - IndusLadies

We will set you up with a personal blogspace and from then you post your writings in your space and have them collectively organized there.

If you are already a blogger with personal blogspace in IndusLadies and have any questions related to the blogs section, ask in this FAQs thread in the private forum for IL Bloggers!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011
  5. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Thinking of Blogging in IL...Ask here if you have any questions!

Okay. I have come back... the Prodigal Daughter... Hoping to be welcomed back with the extended hands of ILites with great hearts... But I am beseiged by a volley of doubts dealt by my ignoramus mind.

What is the difference between Blogs and Middles? I can understand the difference between middles and short stories... But as far as I know all blogsites treat all our posts as blogs- whether it is a story, a general issue or a personal rambling.

Now... IL is very particular about forums, I know.... and I would like to conform to the existing norms...
    So clear my doubts in the comment section of this blog.
    What am I expected to post as Blogs?
    What happens to my Middles ( my personal ramblings ) ?
    Why the word limit for Blogs? How can you express something close to your heart in 200 to 500 words?
    I love to ramble with my thoughts and words... So will I be punished for this?

I need help here... before I start Write Here in full steam.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2008
  6. Induslady

Re: Thinking of Blogging in IL...Ask here if you have any questions.

Hello Twinsmom,

Welcome back! We are sure you were missed by IL'ites for your wonderful ramblings. They should be looking forward to read more from you :)

Regarding your questions about blogs, middles and forum postings...

Ideally, blogs are the same as middles - they can be your personal ramblings, snippets, articles, etc. Blogs are basically collections of your own writings, the model being one writer to many readers.

Forums are basically for posting discussions, engaging in conversations, sharing information and asking/responding to queries on various topics. They basically operate in the model of many to many, all can post in a message thread in a forum.

Once you start to blog (requesting blog entry access) here in the blogging section, your middles can be posted in the blogs. Before we started blogs, we asked members to post their middles and articles in 'Snippets of Life' and 'Articles' forum. If you are going to be regularly writing middles and articles, it is good to have them in your own blogspace in IL.

There is no word limit on Blogs. You can blog to your hearts content to best express your thoughts and feelings. The 500 words limit is for featuring your blog in the main page, which will have a 'more' link clicking on which the entire blog can be viewed.

No punishments in IL for rambling with your thoughts and words...it will only be appreciations and applause. So, get started!

7. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

Re: Thinking of Blogging in IL...Ask your questions here!

Hi!
    I am mithila kannan.I would like to have a blog.PLease let me know what I should I do.
    mithila kannan

8. Induslady

Hello Mithila Kannan,

Blog entry access is separated from registering and having forum access. To those who are interested in having a separate blog space in IL, we have asked them to request for access either private messaging 'induslady' or emailing 'induslady@indusladies.com'.

Now, that you have mentioned your interest here, we will provide you with the access and let you know by email.

Happy Blogging soon at IndusLadies!

9. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Re: Ask Questions To IndusLady!

Dear Induslady
    Is there a way to edit a comment posted in response to a blog?
    I made a couple of typo errors and wanted to correct it.. but couldn't figure out how to do it.. I assume an edit button is not available.

What's to be done?

Regards
    Honeybee

10. mslakshmi

mslakshmi Senior IL'ite

:idea

Hi Madam

UGADI SUBHAKANKSHALU

I want to know about the Blog. What is Blog? If I know in detail then I can participate in Blogging too. Pls help me.:idea

M S Lakshmi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.