Ask here - The recipes you want from ChitVish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Priya Amarnath, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thankyou!

Dear Sunitha,
    Thanks for the feed back. Once sprouted, the methi seeds are not at all bitter. In fact, when we make vathakuzambu with onion, instead of tempering methi seeds, try adding this. It is very good. I usually stock sprouts in the fridge for 4-5 days & use it wherever methi seeds are to be used.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

Tamarind paste

Dear chithra

I tried ur maddur vadai and pizza, they turned out so well. Your tea masala powder is really very useful because we both prefer tea to coffee. Will make it and keep it in the ziplock bags in the refrigerator.

I have a doubt in the pickle recipes given by you. Can I use tamarind paste for ginger thokku and coriander balls. Please take your own time to reply my querry.

Thanks in advance

Love
    Priya

3. Sakhi

Sakhi New IL'ite

hello ! all

Dear Mrs Chitra madam, friends,

This site and this forum in particular are wonderful. I will be grateful if Mrs Chitra can kindly give me the method of making poruvilangai (in a soft manner). I make it, but it is a dental hazard.

Also will it be possible to get recipes of Sigili urundai (for prayer naivedyam) and vella cheedai?

No hurry, good things are worth waiting for. Please take your time until after Deepavali.

Thanks in advance.

4. Chitvish

Shall post the recipes you want.

Dear Sakhi,
    I shall post the recipes you have asked for in a few days.
    Poruvilankai cannot be made soft ! It is really tough to crack. Believe me, the usual method of eating that is to break it with a small hammer or using mortar & pestle.
    Never attempt cracking it with teeth - teeth will break, but the urundai will not!
    Love & regards,
    chithra.

5. tina

tina New IL'ite

How to make Khoa

Dear Chitvish,
    I live in singapore and haven't seen Khoa being sold commonly. In many of the recipies I have seen Khoa as an ingrendient.
    It would be of great help if you could tell me how to make Khoa at home(if it's doable at home)

Thanks.
    Tina

6. Chitvish

Khoa recipe

Dear Tina,
    I have given the recipe for making khoa in the thread " Miscellaneous not to be missed".
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

7. banu

banu New IL'ite

seepu seedai-recipe

Dear Chitra madam,
    I have luckily got back my murruuku achu and I would like to have the recipe for
    seepu seedai or the seepu like murrukku which is chettinad special. I love it so much so kindly post it and I shall try and let u know.
    I made kaju katli and it didnt turn out as expected so can u suggest me how i can make it ready. The consistency is like halwas and I am not able to cut it into pieces.
    So diwali murrukku yet to be prepared after getting recipe from u. But I can understand its not only me who needs your help. There are so many others too so I hope I will be lucky to try your recipe soon.
    Thanks a lot for ur service and patience and efforts to reach out to lot of people.
    I really admire your hardwork and interest.
    (It is no flattery !)
    Wishing you and all advanced happy diwali!
    Happy diwali cooking for all....
    Regards,
    Banu

8. Chitvish

Seepu seedai is posted.

Dear Banu,
    I have just posted the recipe for seepu seedai in the thread, Tasty tiffins & Tastier Snacks.
    I am sorry, I did'nt see your mail the whole day because, I was busy making sweets & savouries.
    I shall post my version of kaju katli in I Love Sweets, thread, shortly.
    Wishing you & yours a very happy deepavali,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2005
  9. sharika

sharika Senior IL'ite

Please Help

Hello Aunty Chitra

I need some help, again, I have already made many sweetmeats for diwali, but I have one problem, I need to make some sort of sweetmeat for a diabetic person. I don't have any idea on what to make.

Please Help!

Happy Diwali to you and your family.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
    Sharika

10. Chitvish

Posting sugar free recipe for you.

Dear Sharika,
    I am posting now 2 sugar free recipes for you in the sweets thread - pista choco roll & fig squares.
    You can also make my microwave carrot halwa, substituting artificial sweetener in place of sugar. In case you can't get khoa in your place, boil the grated carrots in milk till the milk dries, mash it well & proceed.
    Wishing you & yours a very happy Deepavali,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.