Ask here - The recipes you want from ChitVish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Priya Amarnath, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Is it guava cheese?

Dear Meena,
    I learnt to make guava cheese - I can post you that recipe. But since you mention custard, I think it may contain eggs & not the one I know.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2. Chitvish

Message to Sunitha

Dear Sunitha, I have posted quite a few recipes for savouries & sweets, with Deepavali in mind. Today, I plan to post athirasam & mixture in the old is gold & snacks threads respectively. If you want any other recipe specifically, please write.
    It is a pleasure to note that you are finding my recipes useful. Please do not disconnect internet (& me !).
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

3. Mano Saminathan

Mano Saminathan New IL'ite

Dear Mrs. Chithra Viswanathan!

Thanks a lot for the welcome note.

I have sent an immediate reply. As there is no response from you, now I think that you have not received my reply.

Again thank you very much for yr kind words.

4. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

recipes using guava

Hello Chitra,

I jsut didn't know the name of the recipe and since the consistency looked like custard, I named it as Guava Custard.........
    I'm sure its sweetened and other ingredient is milk/condensed milk........ I don't know the procedure.
    I had this dessert long back(7-8 yrs) in a get together and now trying to find out for my daughter who has started liking this fruit.

Maybe if u can give the ingredients of ur recipe, I can just try and maybe modify to get guava custard...

5. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

guava custard

Hello Chitra,

no eggs are used in the recipe of guava, which I tasted ... I'm sure about that....

6. Jaya

Jaya New IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

I made the aviyal yesterday using carrot-coconut paste and it came out excellent and also some of your ragi receipes which I liked very much. .

I wanted to know whether I can use carrot in place of coconut for araichu vitta sambar, pitla, molagutal. will it taste good? My husband is having cholesterol problem and I am thinking of avoiding coconut if carrot will taste good in these receipes.

Regards,
    Jaya

Last edited: Oct 21, 2005
  7. Chitvish

Yes to carrot.

Dear Jaya,
    I use carrot for all the dishes you have mentioned along with very little coconut, more for a psychological satisfaction! It serves the purpose very well, if one does'nt start off with a prejudice!
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. Jaya

Jaya New IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Thank you for the reply. Now I will try using only carrots and also give this useful tip to others who have cholesterol. Today I have made mulagotal using only carrots and it has come out well.

Can u give me the receipe for paruppu undai kuzhambu when u get time. I ate it at my friend's house and I liked it very much; however, when I tried making it at home by her method, the paruppu undais got dissolved. I don't know what went wrong.

Regards,
    Jaya

Last edited: Oct 22, 2005
  9. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

dear chithra, i tried your pulao, brinjal masala and nethukkottu mavu pachdi. yesterday i tried bahalabhath and aappam. all the items were delicious.thank you. meenu

10. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Sprouted sambar

Dear Chithra Madam,

My fenugreek seeds finally sprouted only yesterday and I made the sprouted sambar.Came out really yummy...tasted just like my mother's sambar(since we are from Kerala,my mother adds coconut to her sambar)...Thanks to you.Also,the fenugreek did not taste bitter,that was good.

Cheers:thumbsup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.