1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Ask Bambi On Diet & Health

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by Vidya24, Apr 28, 2006.

1. sgayathrii

sgayathrii New IL'ite

Friends,

Small suggestion from my side. Learning yoga through book or cds or dvds is not advicable.Learning from a teacher is always different from learning through books (especially in case of YOGA). See for example, if you are trying one ashana, the positions you are seeing through cds may different from what you are practicing. I mean you need somebody to correct if you are wrong somewhere.

Some many centres are there nowadays. You can easily go and learn.

I am doing yoga regularly. I learnt yoga at many centres previously. Recently I joined in "Isha Foundation". There are more than 4 levels. I have finished 1st level. It is not compelsory that you should learn all the levels. Its all depends on your own interests. You can also take a gap between each level. These Isha yoga people are doing a greay job. They are conducting their programs all over the world.

I am also working. If you have commitment then you can do whatever you wish to do.
    I am daily doing yoga and then only coming to office. If you want to lead a healthy future, then you can go for this.

M suggestion is everyone should learn yoga. Hope you will all learn and get the benefit of it.

I am giving the Isha foundation website. Check in case if you are planning to learn

" Isha Foundation - Home "

Sathguru is the creator of ishafoundation. He is doing a great job. I think you guys should have heard about him. Learn more through that website.

Hope it is helpfull

thanks & regards
    Gayathri [​IMG]

2. sgayathrii

sgayathrii New IL'ite

Hi Bambi,

All your suggestions and descriptions all very good. Keep continuing..:whistle

I would like to try the juice you have mentioned. I would like to know whether can we add honey to that juice?

Thank you
    Gayathri

3. lmani

lmani Senior IL'ite

Re: Hair care , Weight management - I , Banana Stem Juice

Can you tell me more about your BIs?

4. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello gajalakshmi

as bambi has said earlier dont expect results overnight. keep at it and also read up the answer to gauri just before your question.there is no overnight cure or answer to any long standing health problem.

sathya

5. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello sapna

here again hair health has a lot to do with harmones. change in life patterns. childbirth. worries. age etc. there are quite a lot of answers in this thread and also in care hair care...do read up.. maintain a positive diet and lifestyle atleast for about six months to feel better.

sathya

6. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello gayathri

thats was nice of you suggesting that everyone learn yoga ...good advice

sathya

7. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello gayathri
    yes you can add a little honey although for quick results it should be taken plain.
    sathya

8. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello lalitha
    didnt get exactly what you wanted
    sathya

9. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Re: you have the answer for all with sathya,

Dear Sathya/Sunkan,

Would like to know where these books are available and in general what are they about?

Would also like to know about ways to reduce body heat. My mom and husband always tell me that my body heat is high. I understand I have to drink a lot of water.

10. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    can anyone of u pls tell me how to prepare these juices.just grinding in mixie or grating.
    Priya