1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Ask Bambi On Diet & Health

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by Vidya24, Apr 28, 2006.

1. sandy38

sandy38 New IL'ite

Thank You!

Dear Bambi!

Thanks a lot for your reply. I was awaiting your reply the whole week and was delighted to read it today. Yes, I will definitely practice Suryanamaskara regularly as I have done a course in Yoga.

Thanks once again.

Sandy

2. bambi

bambi New IL'ite

Well , dear Varloo ! I was born weak too , I had pigeon chest , I had heavy snoring problem , but consistent workouts made me get over those ailments.
    I know his studies are important , but you can always make him spend 10-20 mins of light exercises to keep him in good shape. I am happy that he doesn't take junk food items , and put on light diet. Well , being your son - Epilaptic you should be giving him food that helps his nerves grow stronger.
    Avoid everyday hot water bathe if you are giving. Avoid extreme chillness too on anything to him. Don't allow him to watch television for long hours and don't allow him to use Computers for games.

VALLARAI is one of the best greens that can help you strengthen the nerves. Make him chew greens , Curry leaves with VALLARI ( memory plus ) fresh every now n then.
    Try Hand pound Rice ( Kaikuthal Arisi ) which is rich in fibre than the usual white rice . Include lot of veges and greens , and make salads a part of your regular diet. Take less of rice and Tiffin items. Be satisfied with salads and fruits , in fact develop a taste n liking for that food habits , that makes your life easy and keeps your body light.

You can check out Banana Stem juice along with Ashgourd juice for yourself. Drink this juice in an empty stomach , which can help you take out excess fat and toxins out through urine.

Both of you try to follow this ,

(i) Like in Karate , make the KHAAAAAA sound , i.e., breath out like that by mouth. ( This got rid of my snoring problem )
    (ii) Do SURYANAMASKAR which can help on good blood circulation , strengthening the nerves , joints and lungs.
    (iii) Have a cup of vegetable / green juice every morning in an empty stomach.
    (iv) Forget Coffee / Tea / Boost / xxx whichever that has processed sugar , artificial minerals stuff. Make your own energy drink - you could try Raagi , Kambu , Cholam , etc.
    (v) I have been advicing everyone to learn YOGA these days , as I found the benefits of the same is amazing. Hence consult a good teacher who can teach good AASANAs that help you in the long run.

One question to you ! do u find any particualar cause that he has this problem ? any of your other family members had this problem ? when does he get this ? does he get scared of something ! or due to extreme climatic conditions ! How severe the attack could be ?
    Let me know this detail. So that I try to be more specific in answering your query.

Depending on the seriousness of your son's health I may request you to visit my dad who could actually help both of you become fine. Not that I can't help , but it is always better to meet an expert .Let me know if you would be interested to make a trip to Pudukkottai , I shall ask my dad for an appointment.

I know I haven't answered in much of details to you , coz' I d like to know the cause of your son's problem. Let me know.

Regards,
    bambi

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2006
  3. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

gas problem

hi bambi

thanks for being wd us on d forum.ur work is really appreciable.
    my querry is............
    my hubby is having gas problem in his stomach.every time he eats something he feels dat his stomach is very heavy.though he does't eats much.he always eats less due to this reason.but he eats after interval of 3-4 hours.
    some time after his meals he takes
    half tablet unienzyme
    one teaspoonful of LIV52
    half spoon of trifala
    after taking these he got relieved.and moreover due to this he is having problem of farting which is very embarrasing for him.
    plz suggest me something for him like taking cloves or chewing greens or anything which is beneficial for him.
    thanks in advance
    sonia

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  4. nsiddiqui76

nsiddiqui76 New IL'ite

ask Bambi for fair colour

Hello Bambi,

I want a favour from you for my 7 years old daughter's complexion. She born very fair, but slowly as the time past she becomes darker. Now she is 7 years old and she felt in inferiority comlex as my 2 sons are fair.

If you suggest me some tips for changing her complexion i will be thankfull to you.
    If any body also know any tips for my daughter please suggest me as soon as possible.

Rigards,
    Nisha.

5. nora

nora New IL'ite

Dear Bambi,

I read your tread with great enthusiasm and would like to know how to prepare
    energy drink?

Need to know how to overcome skin disorder since I'm ellergic to soap/dishwash.
    After each use my hands will become red and sometimes itchy so I have to apply
    moisturising cream daily. do you have better solution for this. thanks for your reply.

Nora

Last edited: May 25, 2006
  6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Bambi,
    I went thro your letter very carefully. My son used to get the epilaptic attacks just when he usd to go to sleep. Now he is free of that as he isbeing given drugs to control it. The doctor says that his brain has such a pattern. That may be due to his being born before time and his having protein deficiency etc. I had a tough time emotionally and physically during my pregnancy and also fell down twice, once in 4th month and once in the beginning of the 7th month. I did not eat well during that time. All this may have contributed for the early birth.
    Now that he is getting on well with this treatment, I don't want to do anything and create problems.I want to make some changes in his diet and general activites so that he is able to reduce the cholestrol level and also control his weight. He is taking medicine for thyroid also in empty stomach.
    Pl guide me regarding the juices- I am scrapping the ashgourd, then squeesing it out and drinking that juice in the morning. Is that the correct method? Can I add water to this to get more juice or should it be pure? I have heard that vazhaithandu juice should be taken with equal amount of water, otherwise it may be harmful. Can I take both juices at the same time?
    Thank you very much for your valuable advise and suggestions.I am looking forward to more tips on health from you.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

7. bambi

bambi New IL'ite

Gas problem

Dear Sonia,
    Sorry to write after a long gap , I couldn't find much time,
    as I had my exams during my weekends and had to travel a lot .
    Also , whenever I tried to log in from my office , I had something or
    the other to take my time off from writing to you all. Well,
    Gas problem is something related to food intake ( quantity , quality and timing ).
    Food intake shouldn't be during any time of the day , only when we are hungry we should eat.
    Otherwise it may tax the digestive system with unnecessary workload.
    Your husband should completely avoid Junk foods if he ever takes any.
    He can overcome this problem by following the below 3 basic tips.
    eat slowly , do 20 mins of hip hops in the morning ( this helps take out
    the locked gas in our body everyday ) , and avoid constipation.

Constipation is the major cause of gas problem , and it can be avoided by following
    simple steps as below
    (i) Drink two glasses of water in empty stomach and do some exercises - particularly some bending exercises for the abdomen part.
    (ii) Either before going to sleep or immediately after getting up take a teaspoon of
    powdered methi , omam , Cumin seeds , dhaniya seeds , dry ginger , dried amla ( all dried & grounded )
    or just a teaspoon of Methi will do with a cup of water.
    (iii) Ask him to take Enema before going for bathing if he feels constipated - this
    should not be a regular practice as this is something artificial.

Following are some other instant home remedies for the same
    (i) Mix 1/4 teaspoon of dry ginger powder ( sonth / sukku ) with a pinch of asafoetida (hing )
    and a pinch of black salt ( rock salt / kala namak ) in a little warm water and drink.
    (ii) Chewing a piece of fresh ginger after every meal can avoid gas problem and
    help in digetion too.
    (iii) Eating raw garlic in the morning can help, it is a blood purifier too.
    Hope these things help. Also avoid Coffee / Tea intake. Both these energy drinks promotes acidity in our
    body , and acidity is one of the major causes of Gas problems.
    Regards,

Bambi]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2006
  8. bambi

bambi New IL'ite

Skin & complexion

Dear Siddiqui,
    I think my system or my office connection has a problem , I couldn't see your mails when I logged in last week,
    okay ! there is nothing to regret about dark complexion. It is somthing that is out of our control. However, you can keep the skin healthy and glowing.
    Not sure if you can get red mud in Saudi , if yes , try collecting some. Apply it on your daughter's body and allow it to get dry for 20 mins to 30 mins. This mud pack we used to give to our patients whoever had skin ailments.
    This treatment soothens the skin , cures skin ailments and leaves it healthy and glowing. , also if you can get long banana leaves , allow your daughter to lie down in warm sunlight maybe during morning , cover her body in full ( with minimum clothing ) with the banana leaf for 30 mins.
    These are long term benefit programs but which also takes a longer time to actually work in the body.
    Otherwise ,
    taking lot of salad items , watery vegetables , fruit juices ( without sugar pls , if taken everyday can really help ), badam , pista, fresh milk ,
    all these things can help the skin glow naturally. Give Olive oil massages regularly.
    Note :I have cousins who have dark complexion, Pl note they are more charming than I do. Also their body immune systems are strong and vitality is very high. Hence, dark complexion is just another skin type , nothing to feel inferior. Just concentrate on the healthiness of the skin and body. That is enough.

Regards,
    Bambi]

9. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Bambi

hi bambi

thanks u so much for ur reply.
    I will try all these things for my hubby. But, I want to ask something abt omam
    i never heard abt this. Is there any other name for it? Plz tell me abt this.
    thanks in advance.

sonia

Last edited: Sep 6, 2006
  10. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

sorry to but in here but it is ajwain....regards sunkan