1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Artifacts From Waste

Discussion in 'Creative Crafts' started by Kalpana_Santhu, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AishwaryaV

AishwaryaV New IL'ite

Re: HUT - made by unused book

hi sunitha,

i made a try of making the hut in a small magazine(i mean few paged magazine)... attaching the picture,,,,, thanks once again....:cheers

Regards,
    Aish

Attached Files:

2. vijikrishnan

vijikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Creations out of waste

I am going to post some works. These are all made out of waste.
    1. This is an empty Noodle container. I covered it with left over macromme thread. wolllace is used to decorate it. This can be used as multipurpose container.

2. This is made up of waste cd. Golden lace are used to decorate and coordinate the cds.3#D outliner(donated by Naveen- my grandson as he is keeping it as unused.The quality is not so good as my usual one. Because keeping unused i found it difficult to draw outliner. anyhow thanks to Naveen)is to draw outliner and glass paint is used along with chamkies. This is a door hanger.

3. This is an invitation from my friend on her sons wedding. I convert it into Greetingcard.(Friend are you watching it here or busy?)

4. This is a multipurpose hanger. hook is attached at the back to hangwith. Can be used as spoon holder at kitchen, decorated piece at hall and notepad and pen holder at reading room.This is also made out of waste. Yes the bottom is a little piece of shakhi board leftover and the centre portion is a napkin holder.

Is my idea of making use of waste is correct no?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  3. vijikrishnan

vijikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Re: Creations out of waste

Sure I will. It is very easy.
    First just cut the cd into 2 equal portions.
    Then draw the outline as per your taste with pencil. Then do it with 3D outliner with your taste of colour. Let it dry. Then apply glass colours inside the drawn designs.
    Let it also dry.
    Then take single size golden lace and paste the outline.You can stick chamkies rather.
    decorating with chamkies is your taste.
    Make ready all these things. If you take 3 cd, 6 Nos of half will come.
    Then take a long lace or thread or stitched cloth according to the size of the door.
    measure the space and paste the cds leaving equal spaceone after another.
    The bead hangingis my taste. I pasted it backside of the cd.
    Otherwise you neednot paste the beads hanger. In between the space of cds hang some beads that will also be nice. On both the corners add 2 round hooks to make it hang. I stitched the hook with the lace.
    Thats all simple. Try it out
    viji

4. skpshah

skpshah Bronze IL'ite

Re: best out of waste - my latest creations

hi,

Thanks for appreciating... I am not sure if your 6 year old will have that much patience and prefection but still you can try...

Fold newspaper into long strips. keep folding till you get 1 - 2 inch strips. Make around 20 for start.

Then take 4 strips and as one do weaving, weave them that is interlock them..Take help of glue/fevicol/stapler to make first four in correct position.

Then keep taking each strips and start weaving them....once you get the base size then fold up each side to get them into standing position and then continue weaving. You will have to try out first before starting to teach your little kid.

5. veni_mohan75

veni_mohan75 Platinum IL'ite

Dear friends,

These are the flowers made out of waste material. Guess the material!!!

Waiting for your comments and feedback.

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  6. Raji01

Raji01 Bronze IL'ite

Best out of waste

:hiya Friends,I've made these flowers from waste. can you guess what i used ? the stand is made by my younger daughter. waiting eagerly for your valuable fbs......
    Priya's 13th b'day-21st march 2010 120.jpg

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  7. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Dear all,

This morning while cleaning the computer table and book shelf noticed so many pens, pencils scattered and the reason "an over crowded pen stand".

Then I remembered painting few milkmaid tins few months ago and was waiting for the paint to dry :biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh.

So finished the cleaning work and got into action. The result this
    "MILKMAID MAGIC".

Have a look at the tins........one has become my cutlery stand and the other to stock the remaining pens !!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  8. Sudha Kailas

Re: Milkmaid Magic !!

Hi Malliga, thanks a lot for your visit here dear !!

What I did :

The first picture : I cleaned and washed with hot water and soap and dried them in the Sun to remove all rubbish from them.

The second and third picture: Then I painted both inside and outside using fabric colours (used orange, light green and purple) and that was the ones which took so long to dry (because I had gone for surgery).

The paints were not so effective but atleast it gave a coating. So on the outside (yesterday) I wrapped some unused yellow thread (cutlery stand) and then with glitter glue green and red and golden colours did some simple decoration. The inside is left free with just the purple paint only.....since it was going to hold the knife, scissors etc.......

The second tin (pen stand) was painted in orange both inside and out and again wrapped with waste zari thread of the choice I had. I had some felt material (will soon bring out the craft that I am going to make by using it) which I cut in the form of flowers in orange and green colour and this I glued to the places on the tin where the zari thread was began to cover it up. Over the flower stuck some green kundan stones to make it look designer !! The flowers were cut in 3 sizes and stuck in 3 places !! Inside left free again.

There is a 3rd ggreen tin which I am racking my brains to create something different from these !!

Hope my explanation helps Malliga and Mimur9 (Mira)!!

9. Sudha Kailas

Dear everyone,

Pretty Pail has a story like this........

The day I returned from India my SIL packed some dosa batter in one of the yoghurt bucket and gave me. She said that I can throw the pail once I am done with the batter.......do I have a heart to throw.........NO.....it was washed, dried and kept safely in the corner of my kitchen.

Few days later my neighbour and Ilite friend Revaram gives me adai batter in another yoghurt bucket and said the "same as above story"....NO.......so one more bucket washed and kept aside.

DH returns on 8th and after a week says why is that 2 buckets standing in the corner........why do you want to collect rubbish like these :rant:crazyand I came up saying "FOR CRAFT" and so finally after few days of labouring produced these 2 PRETTY PAILS.......the zari thread, the patches, the bandhani material, plastic sequins, metal beads, etc. etc... are all left overs from some craft or the other done ages ago.

So the 2 empty yoghurt buckets bloomed into 2 PRETTY PAILS to treasure some of my craft stuff !!

Eppudi ??????? En Idea ??????

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
    3 people like this.
  10. Vchintaravi

Vchintaravi Gold IL'ite

Fish from peepul leaf

This morning I got a discarded hard board from my neighbour.

I painted blue for the sea.

I had preserved some dry peepul leaves.I have tried to give different shapes for the fish. Is it childish?

Anyhow giveyour comments.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.