1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

art of naming / nicknaming !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mansimahi, Feb 5, 2012.

1. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Thanks VJB :D We indians emulate the west in most things...so it is just matter of time that we too have names like that

2. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

It is indeed rare to have such ideal pairs...where even names match...and you have 5 such couples in your family..wow....but still i am sure it is confusing to have too many srinivas's and padma's :)

Thanks

3. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

hahaha...i still cant get over the "TABLA" ....i should remember to suggest to the next person who gets a boy and is looking for a name :))

1 person likes this.
  4. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

hahaha...i can imagine the confusion and your embarassment ....coz i have been there more times than i care to remember...:hide:

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  5. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

hahaa....we do seem to have it... why cant ppl give distinctive names or nicknames ...beats me :)
    thanks mindi

6. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

:rotflHi sumitha,

:rotfl:rotfl:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaughonly you can do this to me early in the morning..

What a topic you choose and how hillariously you narrated the entire issue...

Yes i too agree.. these nicknames and prefixes to it.. Even in my family i really didnt knew many of mamas/ uncles real names (i only knew their nicknames..and we do call them with nickname suffixing mama to it...)

And the Anotherman superman is the top of it... cant stop my self from laughing at it :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

1 person likes this.
  7. EverHappy

EverHappy Platinum IL'ite

hilarious post Sumitha...

My colleague next to me must be thinking I've gone mad!
    I was just reminded of how many Narasimha murthy's are there in our family.. which translates into many generations and becomes postmurthy(worked for postoffice), rail murthy(worked for railway), poolmurthy (flower trader), attiguppe murthy (lives there), courtMurthy (works in court), karimurthy(is dark) oh it goes on... I never get which murthy they are talking about.. I just nod my head....

Good one!

1 person likes this.
  8. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

ha ha.. Wonderful post sumitha..!!
    Naming rohan was brilliant and Another Superman, god, how funny :) Thanks for an wonderful post..!!

1 person likes this.
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mansi,

i am going to sue u, for making me laugh so much, that tea fell on my white shirt and now it is brown tone, so i had a whole pot of tea made and dipped the whole shirt in it to make it one colour, and now i smell of tea leaves, so that makes me TEA AMBI eh !

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You know u could make a good stand up talker, what say and we would come and give 50 dollors to watch u talk.HAHA

Superb, and mind b lowing.

Regareds

kamal

1 person likes this.
  10. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Thanks pallavi.... glad you found my confusions amusing .... and the way those firangis butcher our indian names really makes one :rotfl :)