1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Arranged Marriage : How many of you are really glad that you had one?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by blessed, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Special

Special Silver IL'ite

Mine is an arranged marriage and really lucky to have my dh.My parents were searching matches for me for almost one year in full stretch.We registered in bharath matrimony and other centres.We got his horoscope through this centre only.My parents first went to his home and met him and his parents.They were actually super convinced but didnt say me anything.They just said everything is good,we will arrange for formal meet.If you like we will proceed and there was no compulsion forced on me.
    We both met in hotel with their parents and my parents.we were allowed to talk alone for some 15 mins.Just a formal talk and lastly my hubby said if you marry me,i will definitely try to keep u well :)All things went on good and we got married happily .Now its three years of married life and i dont regret the decision i made even for a minute.
    Everyone usually say they had some initial misunderstandings but it was not at all in my case,we were like new friends that time and now the close,best friends of life :)

4 people like this.
  2. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gayathri,

Good to know. That's why you have kept your name as special. You are blessed. All the best, wish you very happy married life ever like now.

It has become very rare from young wife nowadays such nice things about married life and in-laws. Very happy for you.

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  3. Special

Special Silver IL'ite

4. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

I had an arranged marriage after which we turned it into a pure love marriage kind of..People from my DH's side still doubt us as lovers and managed it as arranged one.Am damn happy about my arranged marriage and i think its in the hand of the couple to turn it happy..Understanding,adjustment,trust are basic building blocks for any successful marriage..I know its too early to decide mine as a happy and successful marriage(less then a year) but we had enough issues which we solved all of them successfully without hurting each other and without hurting anyone from our families.And i hope it continues forever..

2 people like this.
  5. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful..... you are still young but have hoards of wisdom.... I am sure you will have a very successful married life...

6. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot Blessed..
    Before marriage,I have seen so many couples in my family and watched them closely how they behaved in different kind of situations.I have learnt what not to do in such situations.I myself felt irritated in the beginning of my marriage for each and every act of my MIL which I don't like.But upon careful thinking,I do recollected that my mother also does the same kind of mistakes and still love her the way she is..there 70% of the problems were solved..

1 person likes this.
  7. yarsinirpd

yarsinirpd Junior IL'ite

Really I had very bad experience in my 1yr 10months of arranged marriage life..

got pregnant before mutual understanding..

dont suffer like me after marriage with 1 yr old kid..

I'm leading a horrible life which no one shud get.. all my past life shine gave me this life..

Gals please do think before marrying a guy whom u dont knw.. why u shud marry him.. why not others.. horoscope matching alone wil not give a fruitfull life.. so plz do think twice..

1 person likes this.
  8. divyasselvan

divyasselvan Silver IL'ite

I really loved this thread and that's why I renewed my account with IL.

Here I am going to share my story of Arranged marriage.
    I come from a very liberal family where I am always welcomed by my parents to be bold and out-spoken. We always thought out of box and broke many conventions followed by others. I had elder brother (by 4 years) but I told that I didnt want to marry and my family got him married first.(when I was 25).

Searching alliance for him was very difficult for my family(he was on higher end of weight and I was even higher. My weight was around 130 Kgs that time). So my family realized it was really difficult to get me married. They started the process immediately. But I didnt have any prospective alliance because of my weight. How much ever confident I had been, all these years, I became so negative and inferior because of this whole process. So I went ahead with my company to go for overseas - US for 6 months.

Again, my parents insisted me to come back, because they didnt want to delay it further. I was very skeptical if I would ever get married but missing my family, I returned back to India. During my stint in US, I became super-confident because people there never cared about how you look, or you are obese or not. But once I came back to India, the cycle repeated. Rejection after rejection, I really lost hope. I always wanted a love marriage and I knew my parents would always agree for it. But I didnt have anyone who could love me. I saw my parents suffering a lot without fixing an alliance for me. They had eventually had to face lot of social pressures. At one point of time, I told I will search groom by myself and would spend countless hours browsing tamilmatrimony and shaadi.com. But none will reply seeing my photo.

I am really making the story short about my sufferings without getting married. We had given advertisement in Hindu in Matrimonial column and that is where his parents had got information and sent his profile. As usual I was skeptical about it and told my parents to send photo (Hoping that it would not anyways proceed once they see photo). But this time, they took next step even after seeing photo. I became really nervous because of it. His Brother and sister in law had come to see me first. After that no response again. So I thought, so this is a regular story only. But after 2 days my father called me and told me to come home immediately. It was 4 pm and I was working on some critical work. I was irritated by his anxiety because I was sure he is going to get hurt once this alliance drops. So I said, be patient. Ask them to come another day, I cant come home immediately. But because he was super- excited he didn't listen to me. But they themselves dropped the plan and said they will come to see me on Saturday, Feb 12, 2011.
    My DH, MIL, FIL and BIL had come to see me on Saturday. I didn't even have a look at him because I thought I must keep this memory as minimum as possible so that if this drops I must not be hurt. There was just one second we both saw each other and I am sure there was electric shock which passed through my blood. But that excitement didn't stay long since they didn't reply next day.
    On Feb14, they gave green signal and suddenly life look reverse turn and in 3 months we got married. It was out and out, arranged marriage but I don't know if I will be in this much love even if it was love marriage. My hubby loves me so much and I even till date would ask what made him choose me despite my weight. He would say, "how does weight matter in marrying a person".. and I would be so amused. Not just him, his whole family faced lot of comments from his relatives during our pre-engagement. But his whole family convinced that "weight doesn't matter" and now everyone started to like me, seeing my heart.
    I am lucky not just for a loving husband, but even more loving mother-in-law, who is so kind and adjusting. Because I was so nervous initially, I would drop vessels, make so many mistakes in Kitchen. always she would say, "its all right".. Never she had scolded me and would always be caring and patient with me. I am so thankful to God and think that positive karma has really paid me back.
    End note: Because of my husband motivation I have started to lose some weight and lost about 6 kgs after marriage. It is just started and planning to lose even more. Now I am 122.2kg.
    Regards,
    Divya S Selvan

15 people like this.
  9. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

I am over whelmed reading your story... wish there are more people like your DH who don't give much importance to physical appearance... and yes loosing wt is a great idea at least its important for your over all health.. I wish you success and a beautiful married life...

2 people like this.
  10. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

I am. Fights happen even with dads and mom but the end of the day oyu are glad to have them,its just like that.