1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Arisi kanji recipe for babies

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by meetpre, Feb 28, 2011.

1. meetpre

meetpre New IL'ite

Dear all,

I am a mother of twin girls. I am planning to start weaning from 4th month. I am looking for arisi kanji recipe for babies. Pls send me the recipes and expert advices in weaning.

Many thanks
    Preethi

2. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Congrats and good luck with the twin girls.It is good that you want to wean them from the 4th month.Here is the recipe''''

Buy good quality boiled rice used for cooking rice, and wash and drain in a colander.In the mean time heat a kadai and roast the rice by handfuls.They will pop and puff in the medium heat.when they turn golden and crisp, remove and cool.Coarse grind in a mixie.Store in a air tight container.You can mix this in water and make porridge, add milk or butter milk depending uipon the weather, taste of the babies etc. Start giving it only in the lunch time first and then repeat again the evening after 6 months.

This 'kanji' can be given even when convalescing from fever or stomach upset for the kids as well as adults including the old.

Another suggestion.Instead of plain rice kanji, you can sprout raagi, wheat and roast them just like the rice above and powder to make 'kanji' once in two days for a change.You will adding more nutrients and protien.