1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are You Superstitious About The Time Your Baby Is Born?

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by aditibose78, Oct 9, 2012.

Do You Believe In Timing Your Child's Birth Based On Stars?

1. Yes

6.3%
  2. No

75.0%
  3. Maybe

12.5%
  4. Have not given it a thought

6.3%
  1. aditibose78

aditibose78 Silver IL'ite

Hey Ladies!

Here is a quick question. Let's say you have the choice to decide the time when your baby will pop out. Well, actually you can, if you opt (or don't have a choice because the doctor says that complications will arise if you go through a normal birth) for a c-sec.

So, say you can decide on a specific time, date and day to have your baby based on what the stars, pandits and astrological calenders say. Would you? Or would you just go ahead with the baby without thinking of a proper time which will make her luckier because of a particular alignment of stars?

Poll your answers today

2. Vrindavipul

Vrindavipul Bronze IL'ite

I had an option of choosing the time. But I didn't want to interfere in nature's own choice. I accepted the time and the day doctor suggested to me. But .......that day I couldn't reach in time because of the rains. Fifteen minutes distance was covered in 3 hours and delivery couldn't be done on decided time. Thank god I didn't choose the time to deliver my baby. If this would happen after choosing the specific time...........might have brought lots of superstitions

3. aditibose78

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us Vrinda :)

4. Superwoman

Superwoman Gold IL'ite

Even I had C-section, But we never thought about specific time and all. doctor decided the time and i delivered. And the time he born was very good when we predicted his horoscope. even if it is otherwise we will not bother so much.. ultimately HE has to decide.

Ok we can decide only birth time these days, but we cannot decide or predict nothing else in life. there is chance of being an excellent time of birth if it is not decided by parents.
    May be the child will become what they expected but there is also a chance for a child to become a millionaire or someone like Albert Einstein if it was born naturally.

5. aditibose78

Yes I remember the same with me - had the choice but did not opt for it...

6. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    If the parents think that they will decide the time of the birth of the child, it shows their lack of wisdom.
    Nature will decide each and every birth and death. We are just puppets in the Almighty`s hands.
    In some cases it might have clicked to some parents, that also has nature`s hand.

7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I could have asked this from my Gynecologist, as mine was in between a normal and/or c-section. I wanted to try for a normal delivery if that is possible, so waited till the pain comes. However, having so much interest in numerology, I wanted my son to be born on 5th Jan 2011 (as the birth day (5) and total no (1) seemed too good/lucky to me). As I wised, I got pain on the eve of 04th Jan 2011, got admitted in the hospital on the 5th, and somehow I could not manage to deliver him that eve; hence the Dr decided to take him out via a C-section. It was performed on the same night at 8.30pm. So, as I wished, my son was born on 5th Jan 2011, and thanks to God, his birth time was also too good as per the astrologists. Thanks to God.

However, according to the scan reports and Dr's calculation, his birth time was sometimes around 20 Jan 2011.

Even for my next, I wouldn't try to pick any days or time, thus it is already given to the hands of our God. He will then grant my wish accordingly

8. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Aditi,

I have heard of ravans story on trying to time the birth of his son.. but that was made impossible..
    i believe in destiny and whatever destined would happen and if we try to disrupt the destiny.. probably we might get paid for that too.. hence i only pray for the kid to be born with a good health and good future.. i do not ask for anything else.

According to my beliefs timing is against my norms and i fear that i might not have good consequences of it.

1 person likes this.