1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Are you sleep deprived?? Here you go with tips to deeper sleep!!

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by rayhaan, May 29, 2011.

1. rayhaan

rayhaan Bronze IL'ite

We almost forget the importance of sleep, when we work really hard to meet the demands of our lifestyle. The only solution that comes to our mind is cutting back on our sleep schedules. But that does not help in reality. Even a slight lack of sleep the previous night will have its effects on the productivity that you usually show up every day. It also can take a toll on the mood of one person and disturb him throughout the next day.

Sleep in a vital function that a man has to do. And the quality of sleep is imperative as well. It is usually believed that a man can survive without food even for 5 days but without sleep he will have dare consequences stretching itself till death. However to develop in us a good sleeping habit, we have to experiment with our sleeping each day and find out which suits us best. It is suffice for a person to sleep 7 hours daily to have a brisk start and revolve with energy through out the next day. But there are people who need solid 9 hours sleep to go through a healthy next day. There are a few tips that can be practiced in common by everyone to get a satisfied day’s rest.

These tips were experimented by me. I found it really helpful that I thought I can share it with my fellow ladies.

1. Have a fixed time for sleeping. The pattern should be practiced daily. It is said “To make changes happen they have to be done for 21 days continuously”. The body clock will then be set accordingly. I made it a stringent practice and believe me I don’t need an alarm, I just wake up on the same time daily, irrespective of the weather or light through my window.

2. The ambience that you sleep in is very important too. Keep the windows open half an hour before your bed time. For ladies who work, we mostly tend to keep the windows closed during the day. And during the peak summer like this month, the room will be filled with the stale air without moisture in it. If we keep it open, there will circulation of fresh air when you go in to sleep. You can also switch on the mosquito repellent when you have the windows open. This helps you to have a mosquito free room when you sleep. Dust your bed with a cloth before you sleep, when you have toddlers at home, they just climb on it without rubbing their feet onto a door mat. This will build up dust.

3. When you go in to sleep, you can close all your windows if you sleep with your air conditioner on. Spray a light lavender room spray on every third day. This will really enhance the ambience of the room.

4. Always use the right type of mattress. We use a medium one. But there are soft and hard mattress available in the market too. Adjust the level of your pillow to your neck. Keep reasonable distance between your neck and pillow. Avoid sleeping on a rack of pillows. Always use one. The spreads and sheets used also should be changed according to winter and summer. Give enough room to your spouse. If you feel the bed is too small for both of you to have a relaxing sleep, better to change instead of loosing out on your sleep daily.

5. Change yourself into a very comfortable night robe. It is not very good to wear tight clothing when you sleep. Always have a check on the elastic or the rope of your Bermuda shorts or your night pants. Keep them loose.

6. If you have something eating your mind, it is a good habit to put that down onto your daily journal or just write it on a paper. This help you lessen the burden you carry on your head. It gives you a free mind to enjoy the days rest.

7. Please do not use Bed to discuss on your financials with your spouse. Avoid doing your daily errands seated on the bed Always keep a bottle of water and a torch light on your bed side. You will not know when you will need them, but it comes handy always when you find a place for it near your bed.

8. Lighting in the room is one another factors that will have a profound impact on your sleep. You can always pick a low blue one as your night light which should be zero watts. This emits less heat. If you wish, you can have a dark room too without lights.

9. Always avoid having pets in the room during night. They are very sharp in the night, especially the dogs. Keep them away from your bed room. Create yourself some good bedtime routines. You can end your day with a small prayer, reading a book , writing your daily journal, listening to good soft music, drinking a cup of water, hugging your loved ones etc.

10. The most important of all is, EAT RIGHT. Have a less bulky dinner, mostly salads and rotis at least one hour before bedtime. This helps in easy digestion and less fat deposits. Happy sleeping and enjoy a healthier living:thumbsup

*** Did you know the effects of sleep deprivation and lack of required rest?

 Fatigue, lethargy, and lack of motivation
     Moodiness and irritability
     Reduced creativity and problem-solving skills
     Inability to cope with stress
     Reduced immunity; frequent colds and infections
     Concentration and memory problems
     Weight gain
     Impaired motor skills and increased risk of accidents
     Difficulty making decisions
     Increased risk of diabetes, heart disease, and other health problems

*** They are collected surfing the internet.

Admin Note: Here are relevant discussions on sleep

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/health-issues/167984-sleeplessness.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/health-issues/187507-reasons-for-sleeplessness.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/pregnancy/10710-sleeplessness-during-pregnancy.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/healthy-food-and-living/201745-how-to-sleep-better.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/health-issues/56098-10-tips-good-nights-sleep.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...s/156158-secret-getting-good-sleep-every.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/healthy-food-and-living/201745-how-to-sleep-better.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.

2. dips16

dips16 New IL'ite

very useful information....thanks for sharing with us!!!!

3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Rayhan dear useful information thanks for sharing

4. rayhaan

rayhaan Bronze IL'ite

I'am very elated to have received comments from you viji mam. Thanks so much for your comment:)

Thanks to you too dips:cheers

5. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Rayhan,

Very useful information.....thanks for sharing...

Shanti

6. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rahyan, [​IMG]. Its the sleep which rejuvanates the body and makes us strong the face the challenge of the next day. You have explained it nicely.

Tips :- THose who don't get sleep with lights on or rest during day time, just use an eye mask or place a small towel folded across the eyes which will help you falling asleep.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Rayhaan thank you dear for your loving words. I am not so great.

8. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Nice tiips :)I like them

Cheers
    SS

9. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Appreciated your post..good info.
    I am already practicing few of the points mentioned in your post..still my problem of insomnia is off and on..
    Sleep deprivation is very bad really, this is my experiance too and its true that it leads to weight gain.
    Rgds

10. rayhaan

rayhaan Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Mimur for this tip, Eye mask will surely help us falling asleep... Thanks!