Are Women not recognised in Job

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by swathiudhay, Feb 23, 2012.

1. swathiudhay

swathiudhay Bronze IL'ite

Gals, I have this question because of a incident which happened today.

We are a team of 2; 1 me(gal) and 1 more guy and we are handling a new account and we both have made it success. when it comes to performance both are doing good job. The result of success is equal or say lil more than the guy, but still when giving small lead responsibilities my boss asks the guy to do it and i am really feeling bad and demotivated. Comparatively i am better lil bit, i won't say i am the best.

Should i take this as demotivation or should i take this as challenge and do more better.

2. swathiudhay

swathiudhay Bronze IL'ite

29 Views but no reply

3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

When 2 people in a team are performing equally, the decision of who is better is mostly based on the value-add of the team members. This value addition need not be limited to your field or project. It can be motivational speech, interacting with other teams, presenting a paper, etc.

This value-add is both perceived and real. Some people project their simple work as it is very imp, some people dont bother with it thinking their work will speak for itself - a big no-no in the corporate rat race. Try and project your work as much as you can. Improve your visibility among your manager and peers.

Check what this colleague is doing to be noticed by your manager. Is he spending his time in building positive rapport or advertising about his work? This will give you an idea on how to proceed.

1 person likes this.