1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are we Women are much better than Men in handling things

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by cutesmile09, Dec 27, 2010.

1. cutesmile09

cutesmile09 Silver IL'ite

Dear Ilites,

Y'day when i had conversation with my aunt abt life in general,she said that "women/girls in these days are more stronger than men with regards to education,career,personal life,finances and so on,and guys/men just became puppets who are simply dancing to their tunes blindly".Though her tone reflected scarism,i felt very happy inside and took that in a positive note that we, women are multi-talented/mult-skilled in many ascepts:clap,
    i just continued my conversation with her normally and ended my call..I started recollecting her words and just related to wht she said to my daily routine/life,pondered thoughts abt a typical day in my life and analysed how I and my DH managed things in general (let me tell u its not the comparsion saying who is best or bad but just to know abt the contribution and efforts put by both of them)..Let me share this with you,

Little background:We are happily married for abt 3yrs9mths now(love cum arranged marriage) and working full-time abroad since our marriage.

one typical day in my life:

It was X-mas day,I just got up late as it was a holiday,refreshed myself and then started preparing breakfast in the meanwhile called up my mom who is staying alone in India to enquiry abt her well-being and to knw how her day was...chatted with her for sometime by that time my breakfast was ready,said bye to her and made coffee and woke my DH and wished him "Gud morning,Merry Xmas with bed coffee,we both had coffee together and chatted for sometime and then reminded my DH to call his parents asap as today is their wedding anniversary, little background:infact i remember this long before and sent some gift cards to my inlaws and reminded my bil to take them to shopping to buy the gifts which they wished and even confirmed the same with bil 2days before itself,my dh doesnt have any clue abt this,though i informed him that iam sending gifts cards to them on their anniversary i think my dh totally forgot abt it ,coming back to the point where i stopped aah,we called up my inlaws greeted them,enquired whether they liked the gifts which they bought and i reminded my bil again to order biryani and ice-cream only from my mil's favourite restaurants,gave the names to him and chatted for sometime and closed the call,my dh was very happy as his parents were happy and proud that their son had sent them money to buy the stuff they wished/wanted,though my dh didnt said "oh my dear, u had done a g8 job" but i can see tht sparkle in his eyes which is saying thank u dear,then we discussed abt some investment plans and i told my dh tht i will take it up with our banker in india,then i asked him wht to cook for lunch and he told me XXXX and he went to toilet with newspaper in hand and his eyes telling me "dont disturb me pls",yes he enjoys reading newspaper in loo during weekends:bonk, then i started making lunch and in the meanwhile called up my banker to enquire abt the details of the investments which we talked off 10mins before,i got the required info and told them tht i will get back to them after discussing this with my dh,by the time i finished preparing lunch my dh came out after having nice time inside, he took tub bath (he enjoys tht too), i just gave him all the info i got frm the banker and gave my opinion and my dh asked me to carry on with my options as he too felt they were best,in the meanwhile i took shower and arranged for lunch,we both had lunch and my dh got some calls frm his friends/collegues talked to them for some time,then glued himself to tv set,while i just cleaned up the kitchen,did laundry made a list of groceries which we need at home for next 2weeks,did vaccuming,made menu list for whole week in between called up my friends and chatted with them for some time,called up my aunt who was blessed with grandchild recently to wish her and called up my bro to enquire things at his end as he is having some issues at his office,consoled him and assured him tht everything will be alright very soon...and then came upstairs and found my dh browsing net(few **** sites as well),made love(which i initiated) slept for sometime,got up in the evening and served tea with readymade snacks,listened to my favourite songs for sometime,browsed net for sometime,asked my dh to take car out,did some shopping,i went to parlour to get my eyebrowns done and frm there we went to mall to buy groceries,vegetables and came back home,watched a movie together and gave dh his favourite drink(beer) and he was enjoying his drink while watching his favourite tv show in bbc whereas i was busy in my world (though i was sitting next to him) like arranging things like cutting veggies,asked dh wht he would prefer to wear for next week,took his trousers,shirts,suites and ironed them,arranged them in order in wardrobe,so it saves time and will not be messy in the morning and arranged t-shirts and shorts for whole week,i arranged mine too in my wardrobe..kept his car keyes,office and house keyes on the dressing table,kept his credit cards and change in his wallet,kept his jacket,gloves,cap ready and arranged the same for me too for next day's work in fact i do the same every night for next day morning as we can get up little late...i finished my work by the time my dh is done with his drinks,made love,chatted for some time ,had dinner and set alaram on my mobile for the next morning and wished dh gudnight and we both went to bed at the same time....

I am sure this is common in most of our indian households,there is nothing special abt it,the same applies to simple things like planning vacations,remembering all the extended family members anniversaries,bdays,even death days to major things like planning for investments,property or baby,wht i feel is today's women is very wise,matured and prudent in the entire decision making process in all aspects, inspite of she having tight deadlines as her dh, equally tired physically and mentally,handling pressures at work,dealing with inlaws,kids,relatives so on and so forth...Inspite of all this,she is able to manage things more tactfully than her dh, DW is able to support DH emotionally,physically and financially with minimum expectations,to be more precise in any relation whether it is wife-husband,daughter-father,mother-son,sister-bro,a woman is able to support a man in all aspects in every walk of his life,though i cant generalise this,but this is the trend wht i observed in recent times in my family and friends circle(both mine & dh) but unfortunately we women inspite of doing a g8 job are often criticised and labelled as stubborn,head strong,dominating,cunning and selfish by our so called elders(older generation):rant may be sometimes by our counterparts both male and female.:spin

Pls pour in ur views on this....sorry for the long post and excuse me if my post sounds offending/degrading men which is not my intention at all,

Merry Xmas and Happy New year to u all:)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010

2. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

All I would ask is " where should a man enrol himselves to get a wife like you; who does all the household chores; makes food on time; take care of investment; handles the drink without showing face and find time to make love multiple times:thumbsup" ??? Isn' t he a lucky man :))))-

-Nitha

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  3. cutesmile09

Hi nitha,

Thanks for ur quick reply and compliments,may be this was the reason which made my dh to run behind me for 2yrs to accept his luv/marriageproposal... ha ha ha:biglaugh

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

hi cutesmile,

amazing! i really congratulate you on having a wonderful relationship not only with your dh, but with your in-laws too. I agree with you 100% that women are much more efficient at multi-tasking. It seems to be something that not many men are capable of. but i also wonder how many women would be able to take on and accomplish as much as you do in a day. i wish i could do just half the things that you do.:thumbsup

:bowdown
    swati

5. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

Hey cutesmiles,amazing ya.Defenitely women are best in multi tasking and they do things in a perfect manner.but in my casefinance is taking care by my husband.all otherthings its ME!!!! WOMEN ARE POWERFUL IN EVERYTHING

6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

LOL Nitha :)

Well cutesmile - to answer your original question - no it is not that Men are this way, or Women are built that way. It depends on person to person, and there is absolutely no way you can generalize something like that. There are men who have excellent multitasking abilities as well, and can handle things very well. So, categorizing by gender wont work for this.

Sometimes we see a few examples in our immediate life and then extend it to generalize, but unfortunately it is only a few examples, and there are other examples in the broader world.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  7. cutesmile09

Hi swati,

Thanx for ur response,i will never overboard myself by doing too much work at home,i will try to give my best with always a smile on my face,tht's it!!!Hope my post doesnt look like exaggerating things.

i will also get help frm my dh at times depending on his mood so i wont rely on him and i will not strain myself by cooking elaborated meals and making my house look spic&span( its just clean and presentable),this saves lots of time and energy...

8. cutesmile09

Thanks swetha for sharing ur views and glad to knw tht u r doing well,keep rocking!!!!

9. cutesmile09

but the number is proportinately less....end of the day women are only held responsible and accountable for managing chores at home,parenting,taking care of ILS & extended family,attending family functions!?! :spinoh wht not? even though she works hard as men and gets a hefty paycheck/dowry... In western countries men are entitled for paternity leave when the child is born bcoz they believe tht men are also equally responsible to take care of newborn baby...I will just stop it here for now.

Sorry if i sounded like a feminist,but reality always sucks...

10. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Cutesmile,

One small, yet important information............15 days paternity leave for men is available in India also, for the first two kids. It is in vogue in the Govt sector since 1998. I have personally availed the same when my son was born.

But it is a different story........that I was spending more time in swimming and late night tv shows, rather than helping my wife with the new born kid, in these 15 days. :)

My MIL had come home from village and was very helpful to my wife, round the clock, in the process of tending to the new born.