1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are we on the right path?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tugga, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganaraya

Ganaraya Bronze IL'ite

your analogies are like comparing apples to oranges. but, i'll humor you. whether the food be vegetarian or non-vegetarian, if it causes distress to you, it's just not worth it to keep eating it and expecting short term remedies from other people. then you don't need remedies from specifically non-vegetarian people. the temptation to eat that what is tasty but ultimately harmful is UNIVERSAL. some people just are better equipped with enough common sense to not follow that path or atleast understand well-intentioned guidance and heed it.

from your words it's clear that you are looking to hear only what you want to hear. if you agree with it it is good advice otherwise not.

you say "why do people keep asking why I ate the cuttlefish"? this line itself shows how much in denial you are. people are not harping on why you ate it once, but that you CONTINUE to keep eating it KNOWING it's not for you. this line of thinking is called dysfunctional thinking.

this forum is a good place to come and discuss your problems. some of us may need longer to reach to a conclusion and that is okay. we all need to vent.

and, yes. i am a pescatarian. but vegetarians are welcome to respond to me :) after all, when i go to a doc, i don't expect him or her to share the same ailment as mine to be able to prescribe the right medicine! you have the option of getting a second and a third opinion. but, when the majority of them agree on the prescription, maybe it's time for you to rethink your approach.

9 people like this.
  2. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

I actually agree to some extent with what Tugga mentioned. Even i have wondered why posters write things like "why did you have a kid" or "why did you get married to so and so"...Posters need to understand that there is no accounting for human emotions. This is not a mathematical problem. Even if we assume that the OP did take a wrong decision at some point in her life is there any point in stressing the fact that he or she made a mistake??? The point is that we need to suggest a solution to OP whether she takes it or not is upto her. The problem here is that very often people are rude.

3 people like this.
  3. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Dear Sri Vidya,

First of all, what is your problem? You have been a very good contributor during all these days, but suddenly what has happened to you? Not only to my thread, but to other threads as well.. You are just bashing around and forcing the posters to accept you in such a way by making them accept their faults. What it is?

Why do I want to ask for apology? I dont understand????

First of all, I didnt ask for a quick remedy for my marital issues, it was all about a particular problem that I faced after having learnt that my servant wont come for work from the next day. I posted here to get remedies on how to keep the kid safely as my mom needs a break... And I clarified the new posters that my husband is not a perfect one to look after the kid, hence I described the water issue as an example. Otherwise people will ask why cant you leave the kid with your husband till you find a servant? I didnt want to allow this thread to a different direction as I needed quick remedy...

I found a remedy as per one poster as i found a new servant without looking so much about her background or experience and let her learn with my mom for a few weeks before she handle the kid independently. I also considered other posts they suggested me to look for day cares for young kids, I am almost set with it.

Practically I am well settled along with my problem... I know my husband is hopeless... I know it takes time to see a change in him, and I know that I dont want to leave him either. So, I started letting him live on his own till he changes, but I make sure that his activities/talks never affect my routine. I kind of became more stronger, and controlled my emotions.

I have never, and will never ask for quick remedies for my marital issues... I know it is a mere waste even to think of... and I have no time to change my husband, where my in laws are actively planing and directing him in a negative way. I dont mind... I made sure that my belongings are safe, my kid is safe and my husband knows how far I will go if he plays another drama with me. So, I dont mind whatever the drama played by them, after all it is finally me, who allow them to use my life or not...

But since I live with him, I know i will face minor issues like "no domestic help,, no emergency help etc..etc... then posting in a online forum is the only way for me to vent out... And sometimes their soothing words calms me down, and hence i can concentrate on my works.

There is no point in digging my past, complaining about me and making me write my story and then judging me as a selfish person... Even some members have started falling for my husband and feeling sad for him... What is the point? Are you really helping the OP here?

Ya please.. Just chill out... I can see that you are disturbed, hence your posts are... Sorry for that... Hope things will get back to normal soon:)

Dont complain again... Dont name me as a looser... Just because I didnt here you or follow your advice doesnt mean I am a loser... Nope...
    I have a bad marriage, I have gone through so much marital and postpartum issues... I have loosen so much, but not my life... I am still alive.. I fight back on my own and started settling things straight. I could see the place where I was standing alone as a looser, but now I have claimed a lot from that point...

Having a better husband, and less problematic in laws is not a success.. According to me, I have succeeded a lottttttttttttttttttttt than any other average women in this forum. I am really proud of it, and such self confidence only made me face all this.

Count on me, in nearly 2 years, I will control everything in my life and lead a more happier life with my spouse... Because I have succeeded many things from ground zero, and there is still a few mile to go to see the light... I will definitely go there.

I didnt want to prolong this discussion either... But in my case, I had a live in relationship with this man for 4 years before marriage, and I was not a teenager to close my eyes while in love. I knew that he was the perfect guy for my future, hence married. Then I waited for one more year to set our finance and other matters. During this we had conflicts, but I thought all is die to the distanced relationship... It was almost 5 plus years that we were together and we never thought of separation during that, all though there were some fights (but who has zero argument/fights in their lives). I thought it is high time to get pregnant... Coz fixing marital problems alone doesnt help you to have a kid.. Your health factors and career should be also considered.
    I decided based on everything, yet didint follow my husband's irresponsible advises. I knew he is manipulated, and I knew I can control him with time. I just let him sit with me and made him understand my points before I conceived. He agreed, and he was the one who jumped to the sky after knowing that I am pregnant, but as usual he changed. Reason being my in laws, that's a diff story.

But just because my MIL doesnt want a baby, and she manipulates my husband who has already agreed this with me, I can not abort my baby... Or I cant wait for few more years to have one even after knowing my health and other factors.

Down the line, I have a baby now... a career now, and my husband also stays with me (who refused to be with me once).. After a few years, things will fall in peace and we will enjoy a family... Yeah.. I tool the risk, but there is no gain if there is no risk...

I know what I am doing???? I didnt ask your help to change my life here.. Ok.. I asked quick remedy for such minor issues... Why do you bother about my kid?

4. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Hi Parvathy

This is what I wanted to make sure!!!

5. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Hi ganaraya

Well, finally the cuttle fish has become my regular diet... With one of the best remedy, I made sure I eat cuttle fish without any problems... See...If it hurts at times, doesnt mean it is not for you... You have to fight and then make sure you get it... This applies for marriage as well..

6. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Dear JAG

Thanks for your help,, Can you please stop diverting this thread just because of personal problems? That will be a great help....
    But please refrain from diverting this thread...

Moderators: Sorry for being so harsh... I just cant take this anymore.... Remove this post if it is not right.

7. daffny

daffny Silver IL'ite

tugga leave all these for sometime. when you have some probs at home, handling these tensions is not a good idea for now. be offline for some days and come dear. as a working lady and mother of a small baby how much tensions you can handle at one time?

8. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

yes it is perfectly human to make mistakes, and perfectly understandable when the OP has made some mistakes in the past, now it is wrong when a poster says "why did u have a kid" in the first instance, but dont u guys think that it is perfectly valid when the poster says "why do u want to hv a second kid" to the same OP with the same problem second time

comming to the cuttle fish I am veggie do not know how a cuttle fish taste, though i hv seen die hard fans of sea food ...

OP:I love eating cuttle fish, I have stomach pain i need help

Poster A:take xyz medicine u shud be fine,
    Poster B:be careful next time , old saying goes that "you need to learn from others mistakes/advices too you cannot experience everything in one lifetime"
    Poster C: stop eating it if u allergic

so according to the OP, Poster A is good n helping, Poster B is ok types and Poster C is just jamming

few days or months later
    OP:I love eating cuttle fish, I have a stomach pain i need help
    Poster A:take xyz medicine u shud be fine,
    Poster B:OMG again u with stomach pain, now try this ... n try to take care next time
    Poster C: guess u deserve it
    Poster D:take pqr it worked for me ... it shud work for u too
    Poster E:every problem can be solved only if u want to,just by cribbing n whining about your stomach pain it wud not solve, try to count your blessings and stop cribbing , so if u want ur stomach pain to definitely go pls do follow some very good advises provided

next few days/ months the same issue

now wht does OP expect,

Option 1: he/she wants ppl to sympathise with her/him and provide all well know solutions again
    Option 2: he/she thinks that the world is at her/his feet ... I love cuttle fish I wud eat it n everytime I get a stomach pain u hv to help with meds/remedies...
    Option 3: he/she is trying to get new solutions from new ppl
    Option 4: he/she thinks that the world's biggest problem is his/hers and no one has gone thru the stomach pain as he/she has done ... in the past he/she has had minor victories over the stomach pain but needs support for again for the stomach pain

maybe in such cases there should be an option which states pls provide solutions as per Option 1 or Option 2 or whatever ...

1 person likes this.
  9. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Deffny dear... Thanks for the words... These are simple issues dear.. I have gone through so much... Such online attacks can not make me a fool.

This forum had so many good members... I still remember the strong but soothing suggestions that DrPreethis, Asuitablegirl and vidkarthik have given to me... They were like my mentors who boosted my self esteem and powered my confidence level when I was totally down....But now the forum is loosing it's intention, rather it has become like a one on one attacking place, where women ganged up and bashing someone who doesnt listen to them...Not right na?

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

The original intention of this thread seems to have been to request members to be more measured in their words when posting their suggestions or opinions. But we seem to have relapsed into the previous discussion all over again. So let us get back to the point.

I want to reiterate a few facts here. An OP comes and posts his/her problems. We react based on our first thoughts and feelings - we are all women and wish good for others here (I don't think the proverb that women are women's worst enemies applies to this forum). No one likes to see anyone else in pain and would like to help them out. Nobody gets any personal benefit from suggesting ways out and any suggestions offered are out of sheer good will. Now there could be two outcomes: either our suggestions are helpful to the OP and OP would like to try them out before rejecting them outright OR our suggestions are not suitable to the OP for whatever reasons. OP may choose to receive the suggestion quietly and act on them or ignore what does not suit him/her and wait for other suggestions. If he/she chooses to tell us that the suggestion is unsuitable, we can choose to keep quiet and let him/her do whatever he/she feels is suitable. We could also choose to further explain why we feel that way we do and then leave it at that or suggest other options if we can think of any.

The OP on the other hand can react in two ways: choose to listen to all suggestions and take whatever is useful, thank the others for their time and effort OR say "sorry, this is not what I was looking for". If someone continues to say "No, this is what is best for you", OP could either ignore it, or try it out all the same.

Whatever the options OP or others choose, I don't see the point in endless one on ones. One or two posts to clarify one's stand or to put one's point across more clearly are fine. But if one or the other parties is not willing to let go, best to step down and let the issue go. Nothing is gained by pulling each other's posts to pieces and splitting hairs over them.

I do hope I am not being unreasonable. This is not aimed at any one person or the other. It would just be nice if we could all stick to this in all threads so that they do not degenerate into slanging matches between individual members.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.