1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are we living in kaliyuga?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Jul 30, 2014.

1. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

If the world is going to change from bad to good, I would think there would be some sort of annihilation. Just like there is calm before the storm, maybe there is a storm to pass by before serenity.

Those who survive it, might have peace.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Marun,
    Anybody who has gone through Shrimat Bhagavatham and commentaries thereon are sure to know about Yuga, mahayuga, kalpa, manvanthara and Brahma's day. The article under question is very simple.It does not ask for explanation for lakhs of years.It questions the non correlation between the history and yuga calculations as per lectures given by luminaries from time to time.
    We don't need expertise or scholarliness of a great sort for this comparison.

If you happen to read any history book giving consistent geneological list of kings.
    Even Puranic history gives a list of 100 kings from Manu to Mahabharatha war and Shri Rama was the 71st King.
    Several dynasties as below rules our Bharat
    !. Hasthinapura Dynasty-29 rulers from Yudhishtira to Khemaka ( 3067 to 1563 B. C)

2.Kosala Dynasty-29 kings of which Buddha was 24th king

3.Brihadrata dynasty of 22 rulers.

4. Pradyota Dynasty--5 rulers

5. Sisunaga dynasty --10 rulers

6. Nanda Dynasty---2 rulers

7. Maurya Dynasty--12 kings of whom belong Chandra Gupta, ashoka and Harsha

This was followed by other dynasties inclusive of those belonging to Chandra Guptha 11.
    No mirror is needed for looking at an injury on your palm.

When there are so much of historical evidences it is but natural for scholars of 19th century to have raised questions regarding calculation of yugas, yuga sandhis and commencement of next yuga.

The Research has been undertaken by the International Society for the investigation of Ancient civilization headed by Prof ' K. Srinivasa Raghavan, V.G. Ramachandran , Sampath Iyengar and great Tamil scholars like Sunder raj who have done extensive Research on the basis of history , astrology and astronony.

Therefore the questions have been raised by great Historians, pundits, and Research scholars who had studied the puranas , mythological texts as well as the history thoroughly and not superficially as many would have done in schools.

Good things and bad things happen always. There were demons like Ravana in Tretha yuga, kamsa in Dwapara yuga. Even earlier during Narasimha Avatar there have been bad elements in the society harassing their own children due to Ego.
    My view point is we have to be open minded for discussions based on scientific and historical findings and not to set aside them with a myopic view.

Whether one wants to accept it as Dwapara Yuga or continue with the name of Kaliyuga for lakhs of years is left to oneself.
    But let us cultivate positive thoughts and await prosperous things to happen.

Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  3. DrPreetha

DrPreetha Gold IL'ite

Hello Jayasala Mam,
    Absolutely different concept from my thinking.Thanks for sharing it here.Since I read this thread Iam totally confused.I have heard and read what marun has said.The kalpa factor.
    Yuga means a time period.Our scholars have calculated it according to an astronomy factor.It says yuga means yogam or samyogam of all grahas,soorya and chandra.(ie) a yuga is said to have changed or a time period formed when sun,moon,9 planets all come in a straight line.This was the method our acharyas or scholars calculated begining of a yuga.
    With thiS
    kaliyuga is said to have started from- B.C 3112 FEB 17th Thursday 11pm.
    Such way only this has occurred 4times before.There where many contradictions in this and some of them said when kaliyuga started moon was 5degree apart from the line! So such clarity was in the study. None where different in the concept.

I agree to your factor that changes in human will be there with the evolution he would go down with all rajasik,tamasik gunas and then he would come up with satwa gunas.

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jayasala,

What an impressive post!

First of all, Congratulations on being nominated to FP of the month by Satchitananda!

I need to read the post several times just to absorb the numbers! The matter of course is encouraging. Nice to know there is light at the end of the dark tunnel

More than all the facts you have laid out so vividly on the table for us to absorb, I am amazed at you! Your vast knowledge and the enthusiasm for such knowledge is praiseworthy and commands my respect!

Will look into this thread often! A fascinating account of age and its cycle!

L, Kamla

5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla Madam,
    These calculations can be understood by mere interest and no special knowledge seems a must.
    Thank you for the encouragement.
    Jayasala 42

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear jaya,
    What an amazing write up! It shows your deep analytical power! People like me who are just nuni pull meybavar ( who just nibble the tip of the grass) and move on its quite incredible!
    We all wish to see the light at the end of the tunnel and may The Lord bestow this to our future generation!
    Positive thinking will always bear its fruits!
    Love,
    PS

UmaSmaheswari and Srama like this.
  7. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the wonderful analysis,very informative.

8. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Interesting. Dating of events have always been a controversial issue.
    However I have long held the view that all yugas-Satyuga, Treta, Dwapar and Kali co exist and have coexisted from the very beginning of creation. We find Rama, Krishna and Ravana and Kansa among us. They have always existed and will exist for ever. Hell and Heaven are on the this earth only.
    In a class, the teacher mentioned something about Kayamat (the total annihilation of universe) suggesting that after ...... years it will happen. A backbencher stood up and asked us , Sir could you repeat after how many years as I could not listen. The teacher replied 5000 years. The backbencher took a deep breath and said that's fine with me.
    So many Kayamats have happened- the holocaust, tsunamis, Bengal Famine, Rwanda, World Wars, to mention a few. More are in the offing. Human civilization has survived all of them and will survive.