1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are Today's Generation Of Kids More Privileged?

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Needtobestrong, Jun 25, 2018.

1. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Looks like I am much more senior to you, in our school days we had only Door darshan and allowing us to watch on Sundays was like a big favour done by my parents, during exams even that was cut of,

Needtobestrong likes this.
  2. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Looks like I am much more senior to you, in our school days we had only Door darshan and allowing us to watch on Sundays was like a big favour done by my parents, during exams even that was cut of,
    We had a very very simple life when compared now, leave alone mobile we got the land line only when I was in college most of my friends din;t have one, so it would be like once we say bye next interaction would be "Hi" when we meet again, but these days when I see my DD interacting even in midnight in her smart phone I am actually amused with the technology.
    As you said we use to have 4 or maximum 5 dresses in a year, and also my older sisters /cousins clothes which they would have out grown would pass on to me and from me to my younger sibling, I don't think these days kids would ever go for used clothes.
    We use to walk a lot, let it be school, tuition, extra curricular classes, we just use to walk and our parents never had the concept of dropping and picking us, but today parents see to that their kids don't have any difficulty in reaching their destinations.
    For us outing means yearly once when it is Diwali shopping and a visit to a restaurant for a masala dosa and coffee, but today every day is a outing for our kids,
    No count on how they spend, no account on their clothes, they choose the institution they want to study (even abroad) they are leading a life of luxury.
    But still those days we kids were very happy, din't know the meaning of depression, spreading viruses, obese, we are all so skinny and happy

Needtobestrong, ashima10 and messedup like this.
  3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Thanks all for your replies.