1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are Our Gods Failing Us?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Oct 10, 2017.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Are our Gods failing us?

"Will God survive science?All the gods of our past have fallen. So the question now is: Are we naive to think the gods of today won't suffer the same fate."
    Dan Brown
    (Author of The Da Vinci Code and other philosophical-religious thrillers.)

I will not use falling as Dan did but failing is what I think is closer. The theory of evolution has contradicted the story of Adam and Eve. Old testaments are becoming vernrable.

Well nice people do not ask questions. And I am a nice man, I think so. Christianity, Judaism and Islam share a gospel but Hinduism, i grew up with is so different, a religion of many Gods. But questions have to be asked, will be asked.

But when it is said God is one, I am inclined to think that He is failing, if not totally failed already, in protecting His children irrespective of cast, creed or color.

Dan is optimistic in saying that "we have plenty of technologies we could use to destroy the planet but we don't. There is more love and creativity on this planet than hate destructive power".

The mass shooting in Las Vegas does not suggest so. Race, religion and politics is giving birth to terrorism and He is meekly watching. North Korea is up in arms, sorry nuclear arms. People are killing each other. And He is watching!

To add to human miseries there are floods, hurricanes, earth quakes , hunger and fires that kill mercilessly. He is watching!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
    kaniths, Balajee, Kamalji and 4 others like this.

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

We can see it this way , a mind which has love for all is God. A human who is kind to all, who works for the welfare of other human or living being is God. God is not a person but it is with in every being. This is what every religion says. LOVE IS GOD.IF THIS GOD OF kindness is there in every human than there will be NO TERRORISM OR ANY DESTRUCTION.

3. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Sometimes I wonder what if we are failing gods ! Sitting up there with other fellas and glasses in hand he might be discussing another bing bang !

Some mysteries especially who failed whom will never be solved .
    Read some here online God meets Man and they both said
    “ my creator “ !

LisnaFernandez likes this.
  4. LisnaFernandez

LisnaFernandez Junior IL'ite

Apart from the traditional gods, the virtual gods are ruling all over now. Fellow people are the victims, everything is just a business and these victims still believe even after listening to the truth. Strange world.

5. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Hariji,
    I too get these doubts many times. But still we pray daily, think about God. Why???? All questions but no answers.
    Syamala

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear lakherabhai,
    There were times when poor places like Assam,orrissa,bangldesh used to be visited by floods and hurricanes.
    Now god is giving a chance to the rich Americans also to taste the same medicine.
    God is awake all right

7. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

We have seen cases like when in flood in a place , a pregnant woman was taken to hospital for delivery. The person or a saving force is God to that woman who is about to deliver the child. GOD is with in us. Again I say LOVE IS GOD. HUMANITY IS GOD. EVERY HUMAN IF THEY RESPECT AND EMPATHISE FELLOW LIVING BEINGS THEN he is God.

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Hariji,

Let us assume Universal Absolute or Supreme Consciousness or God or whatever name we call, as a sum total of all beings in the world.

Is God a lover or destroyer or listener or peace-maker or a mere spectator? This question can be best answered who we really are collectively. If we remain a sheer spectator to what happens around the world, that becomes our collective wish. This is true with nuclear proliferation or mass murders as well. If all beings loves each other, it becomes our collective wish. If we wish to destroy each other, it becomes our collective wish as well. If all beings listens to each other compassionately, that becomes the world order. If we all make efforts to make peace in the world, so it becomes. If we are all collectively agitated, the nature continues to be agitated.

Our individual microcosm becomes macrocosm and when it is extremely positive, the world will experience golden age. If we continue to be pessimistic, that negative energy becomes macrocosm and will result in self-destruction.

Our survival is in our own hands and we are failing ourselves is the conclusion I derive.

Viswa

SunPa and sindmani like this.
  9. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Great words . thanks a lot for clear explanation

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

"GOD IS DEAD. WE HAVE KILLED HIM" NIETZSCHE. YES, MAN CREATED GOD WITH HIS POWER OF IMAGINATION. NOW WHY BLAME THE IMAGINARY BEING DEAD IN MANY MINDS FOLLOWING THE ADVANCEMENT OF SCIENCE FOR OUR FAILURE TO GET OUR ACT TOGETHER ?