Ar(u)dra Dars(h)anam

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Surya

Surya Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

It is a well written piece on Arudra Darshan. It is very informative . Thankyou for enlightening us.

regards,
    kodi.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My dear Kodi !

Pray our Meenakshi shower her blessings abundantly on you & yours in 2007.
    Thanks for your F B.
    Coming from Madurai, you may remember the specilities of the Natarajar in
    மதுரை வெள்ளியம்பலம்
    மற்ற தலங்களில் வலது காலை ஊன்றி இடது காலைத் தூக்கியிருப்பார்; மதுரையில் மட்டும் இடது காலை ஊன்றி வலது காலை உயர்த்தியிருப்பார்.
    மதுரை நடராஜருடைய மற்றொரு சிறப்பு - இந்தியாவிலேயே பத்து கைகளைக் கொண்ட நடராஜர் இங்கு தான் இருக்கிறார்.
    இவருக்கு அபிஷேகம் கிடையாது .

அன்புடன்,
    சித்ரா.

3. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Late Reply, Chitra !

Dear Chitra,

Sorry for the late reply to this thread...After a long holiday, I returned back to work today and replying for your thread first..I looked at your article on my last working day, last year...However, as my ignorant little mind needs more reading and time to understand the essence of your religious article(s), I choose to reply for this after many more readings upon my return...

A very interesting article...! Thiruvadirai kali is more famous on this occassion....! Right ? The signifance of Aruthra is known to me after going through your post...Very informative and particularly it was interesting to read about the 5 dance-halls...I knew only about the one in Chidambaram (I had been to that temple too) and not the others...The article was totally enlightening..thanks for sharing !

Looking forward for your next spiritual post with all eagerness..

Love,
    Preethi

4. Chitvish

My dear Preethi !

Since you are regular with your F B s for my thursday posting, I guessed you were on leave !
    Yet another information:
    மதுரை கோவிலுக்குள்ளேயே ஐந்து சபைகளும் அடங்கியுள்ளன.
    அதில் சுவாமி சன்னிதியில் முதல் பிராகாரத்தில் கனக சபை, ரத்தின சபை ஆகியவை உள்ளன.வெள்ளியம்பலத்து சபை ரஜத சபை என்பர். நூற்றுக்கால் மண்டபத்தில் தேவ சபையும், ஆயிரங்கால் மண்டபத்தில் சித்திர சபையும் உள்ளன.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the informative piece on Thiruvathurai festival. I tried your kali recipe & enjoyed it very much.

6. Chitvish

Hello Lavanya !

Welcome to I L & this forum.
    Thankyou for the feed back.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. bipasu_1950

bipasu_1950 Junior IL'ite

Thiru Iranikulam Temple,Aluva

Dear friends,
    Has anybody heard about a temple called Thiru Iranikulam mahadeva temple at Aluva district in Kerala?In this temple,both siva and parvathy dieties are there,but only the siva temple is opened throughout the year.The parvathy temple is opened only for twelve days in a year during the Thiruvadirai festival,ie.,from the day of Thiruvathirai to the next twelve days.During these days,there will be huge crowd of people from different places to have a darshan of the goddess,Parvathy.There is a belief among the people thatdue to the blessings of this deity,marriage will occur to those girls whose marriage is delayed due to many reasons and childless couples will be blessed with santhanabhagyam soon.
    The temple is situated at a distance of 5 km from a place Kalady ,the birth place of Sri Sankaracharya in the route of Kalady-Chovvara road.After travellingabout5 km you will reach a place callrd Srimoolanagaram.from there you have to go thru a pocket road in the left side to enter a road called Vallam road and then travel about 1 km on the left route.then you will enter the Akavoor-Thiruiranikulam road.you have to travel about 1.5 km thru this road and then you will reach this temple.During the opening period of Sriparvathy temple,a,lot of transport service is available from Kochi also.
    Here in this temple there is one more difference about the Rishaba deity.Nobody can touch the Rishaba,even the temple Kazhaka people can't enter the room.only the santhi people can do the rituals.
    The main Vazhipadu in this temple is Manjal para which is very auspecious.

I have written the above details in this thread only because the details about this temple may not be known to all my I-Lite friends.May the Parvathy goddess shower her blessings to all,

visalam.r

8. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

thank you, bipasu

Dear Visalam,
    My mother is a regular visitor to the temple. Only this year she has
    missed due to health reasons. She takes an umbrella with her to
    protect against the sun when standing in long hours of queue! I admire
    her her resilience and determination.
    Regards,
    Meenu